• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Solved] Asrock Default Debug LED Codes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just wanted to add that all new motherboards have the same debug codes. All base on AMI EFI table. If you can't see some codes in the manual then check other brand motherboard where it can be described. Usually ASUS ROG boards have everything on the list.

Some days ago I've noticed that when on Z170 motherboards is graphics error then BIOS is still passing and let you boot into Windows even though you can't see anything on the screen and VGA error LED is active on the motherboard. Weird thing.

I remember the relationship between Asrock and Asus but I didn't want to assume their X99 and Z170 boards use the same codes (but they probably do) so the AA shown in the X99 boards may pertain.

The same for this list: http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=16017

They may pertain to the Z170 boards too but that's assuming it does. Anyone using an Asus ROG board and user's manual? I just want to be sure I'm not overlooking an error that can be rectified, the 6600K in my sig is the one and it runs fine.

IMG_5039.JPG

I fear posting for causing more confusion... LOL!

Ok, here goes....on my systems:

ASUS Z170 MVIIIE - sits at 6F in Windows.

ASUS X99 RVE10 - sits on 40 in Windows.

According to my RVE10 manual, 6F is "System Agent DXE initialization". According to the same manual, 40 does not have anything labeled. IN the MVIIIE manual, its the same. Which makes sense because its the same BIOS maker.

Anyway, last i recall, AA was normal. What is on the debug will vary from board to board and BIOS version. But last I recall, AA was normal. The fact that you made it through POST and booted should tell you not to care what is on the debug LED*. This value is really only important if you get hung in the BIOS. Since you are booting to windows successfully...

*Curiosity also killed the cat. :p :rofl:

Last edited:
Some codes are not described as some manufacturers are not using them but most are the same regardless if you have ASRock, MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA or anything else. It's because AMI is manufacturing UEFI for all these motherboards.
If you don't have diagnostic display on the board then code is also showing on the start screen ( when you have disabled logo/welcome screen ) but it's usually passing so fast that you can't read it.

For sure 00 is always bad :)

There are groups of codes like 2x/3x = memory controller or devices integrated in CPU but can be some more, 5x = memory errors, usually 55 = can't see memory, 53 something similar.
First codes are initialization... when they pass then all is fine, when they stuck then you can check what does it mean. When it boots and you can work in normal way then no matter what display is showing, it's not important.

OK, thank you all, I'm satisfied that I have an odd ball but as long as it boots and runs fine then I'm living with a good board. I do remember during the build it would have different LED's after making BIOS changes when in Windows. The LED's would also post A6 early on but it's all AA now.

Back