• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting ready to go primal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Computekinc.us

We have 5 days to pimp our chimps out. I just got a GTX275 to swap a older model GPU out. It's really clocking up well, Check the pic out

Attachments

• PMC.jpg
    PMC.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 136
Personally, I would run core and memory at stock and max the shader OC. 1692 is probably close to max shader OC. One of these days I'll do a real test of the effect of core and memory clocks on FAH performance, rather than go with my seat of the pants observation that they do very little if anything.

I can see why you are :mad:

Thats why I grabbed one up, I thought it looked like a stripped down 285 card. Benchmark and games may shine with the 285 but the 275 I think will fold close to the same numbers. The 353 pointers I have seen in the 9400 PPD range so far. Thats why I want to log all of the video card models and OC speeds. It could save many folders from buying garbage cards like the last 2 x BFG GTX260's I picked up that can't hardly outrun my 9800GTX+ cards.

the 511 i've got right now on my gtx 285 @ 1584 is getting 6800 PPD :mad:

Yeah the 511s are painful.

I can see why you are :mad:

Thats why I grabbed one up, I thought it looked like a stripped down 285 card. Benchmark and games may shine with the 285 but the 275 I think will fold close to the same numbers. The 353 pointers I have seen in the 9400 PPD range so far. Thats why I want to log all of the video card models and OC speeds. It could save many folders from buying garbage cards like the last 2 x BFG GTX260's I picked up that can't hardly outrun my 9800GTX+ cards.

From what I have been reading on a few forums is that the 275s are great folders. Now if only some retailers would start running some sales on them. :beer:

7K plus on a 511...impressive. I wish I had extra bread to take one of those crappy 260's off your hands Comp.:drool: lol

Believe me you wouldn't want one, they barely beat my 9800GTX+ cards. They are the BFGEGTX260MC896OCE Maxcore. They run about 1k PPD less than all the other 260's.

Ahhh thats different...what causes that, are they 196 (or what ever the first ones were) as oppossed to the 216 streamers?

Thats the funny thing, They are 216 SP like the rest. If I OC them with the exact same settings the run exactly 1000 PPD less on all WU's. I would have thought it was the OS / Motherboard / or maybe a bad card but both acted exactly the same right out of the box. Just a crappy model I guess :screwy:

For anyone looking to get one of these, Newegg has the EVGA GTX275 on sale for $230 after MIR with Free Shipping. It's not the SC model like Computekinc has, but it may be worth trying out.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130475

That is the exact same one I am overclocking, Use promo code EMCLRNW49
to get another $10 off! :)

Edit: Didn't think about it but I ordered 2 more yesterday so I can send that rebate off for one of them. Thats a excellent deal with the promo code $219.99 shipped after promo and rebate.

Back