• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Great Chimp Challenge Race for 2013

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adak

What: Annual Chimp Challenge Folding@Home Race

When: Saturday, April 13th, Noon to Tuesday, April 23rd, Noon (Pacific Daylight Time).

We are the 2012 Chimp Challenge Race Champions, and we'd love to repeat that win!

Like last year, the USS Poo Flinger, will be sailing 'round to make sure those teams who help us out, lose NOTHING - always gaining in points, immediately after the race.

And it's great fun!

All the info is here:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729919

With the newer version 7 FAH Client, it's as easy to set up as BOINC, in Windows, Mac's (OSX), or Linux.

I hope you'll come and join us in a fun charity race, designed to increase awareness and volunteers, in this important medical research.

Last edited:

One​

One Team

One Race

One Chance for Glory

"It's not life or death - it's more important than that"

It's the annual Chimp Challenge Race to benefit Stanford University's Folding@Home research project.

77bbbStarts: Saturday, April 13th, at Noon, Pacific Daylight Savings Time (-7 UTC)
777Finishes:2Tuesday, April 23rd, at Noon

NO folding name change required - fold for Team 32, and you're racing with us!

And have fun - updates throughout the race, etc. Sign ups (to get us into the spirit) and more info are here:

announcement: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729919
333333sign up: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729988

Last edited:
All aboard the USS Poo Flinger!!!
We set sail in 6 days!!!

USS%20Poo%20Flinger%202013.jpg

"Come on SETI, where you at?"

"Come on out and lose some fat!"

Last edited:
We have set sail into battle but
we are still looking for more recruits!
Give a shout if you need airlifted aboard.

USS%20Poo%20Flinger%202013.jpg

Thanks in part to all our supporters -

We Won!​

That's two in a row! I can't remember the last time that happened.

Thanks and we will be docking with the USS Poo Flinger on "Operation Primate", to give you guys a hand. It will be a few weeks before we get here, as the ship has to make several "Ports of Call".

All info on it, a map, and updates, are posted in the folding forum - Operation Primate thread.

░░░ Badbonji
░░░ Duner
░░░ Eroc
░░░ briansun1

Yep, and it was great fun. I am now back to my regular duties on SETI. Considering a new video card to throw into an empty slot:)

Yeah. Don't really like the f@h interface. Unless there is another type of interface. ..

I found the V7 interface just fine. Easy to install, easy to monitor tasks. My work PC was running a Q9300, ATI 6850, NV 9800GX2, NV 9600GT and it automatically detected them all. No need to install optimizers etc.

I'll be back every year. Can't believe winning 2 years in a row though. Crongrats!

Yeah, that was a fun race, glad some of you could join us for it :)

Now its our turn to repay the favour...

I've always been tempted to try my hand at he SETI thing
- a small start at 3,000 points in and counting ^^

had some trouble getting it working on my 7950, but I just think it had not sent me any GPU WU's till just now (I set did set it to use GPU while PC is in use). I will give it another try after my current folding GPU WU completes.

Last edited:
The heat wave knocked Tanker out of the crunching biz for two days, but it's back at it, finally.

I thought there was something wrong with this version of BOINC on Ubuntu 10.10, but I'll try it out.

Edit: Working fine, atm. Probably was Ubuntu 10.04 that didn't work well for me. A little funny, Tanker keeps requesting more work units, but the server won't give any more for today, replying that, "this system has reached it's limit for today". :p

Note to SETI:

When the system crunches 64 work units at a time, a 100 wu limit per day, is very limiting.

Last edited:
Though this is quite fun, it would be nice if they would validate a bit faster...

seems like I ma having to wait close to a day or so for many of these GPU WUs
- I am guessing SETI is waiting for enough results to compare mine against as its form of validation + a regular validation cycle time?

EDIT:
LOL
a 100 WU handout limit is pretty retarded, even my meager effort is pushing close to 96 WU a day.
- is there some stat that actually says the number of WU per day or similar?

Last edited:
heh

seems I might hit that same 100 wall soon. Only have about just over one hours worth of WU and not receiving any more - not getting any message though - scheduler just cycles back and restarts a count down...

EDIT:
of course after waiting so long (many cycles) and posting that sods law dictates that just a cycle later I get some :)

Last edited:
Though this is quite fun, it would be nice if they would validate a bit faster...

seems like I ma having to wait close to a day or so for many of these GPU WUs
- I am guessing SETI is waiting for enough results to compare mine against as its form of validation + a regular validation cycle time?

The initial SETI project awarded credits upon return of the work unit. This however lead to some abuses which were not helpful to the science. Thus the returned work unit is validated against the same unit crunched by another user before credit is awarded. Since your wingman (who is crunching the matching unit) may have a slower machine, you have to wait for him to chew thru his cache and return the matching unit.

Back