• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chimp Challenge 2013 - A Call to Arms - All Aboard the USS Poo Flinger

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There are good free utility programs that will tell you. Don't leave them running all the time though because they will kill your folding.

Core Temp and Real temp are two that I've used - both free, both available at file repositories. (download.com, Tuocows, etc.)

I use Realtemp but was more concerned with the stock heatsink's cooling ability, which has actually been ok running at stock... makes me want to see how far I can OC on stock volts, but that will have to wait till after the CC.

The stock cooler was made to run stock speeds... there is no reason outside of a poor mount it wouldnt. I would imagine 4Ghz is in the cards at stock voltage and you can likely run that on the stock cooler too. Just keep temps under 90C load and all is well.

The cooler blows, but its PLENTY to run at stock speeds. Even Intel wouldnt ship a part that doesnt work. :p

Ugh, I just learned I was folding with the same machinedependent.dat across my fleet. Lost about 20bigadv workunits of time. :( It's fixed now and my production should kick up as the new ones complete sometime early tomorrow...

I was wondering if the Sith Lord would make an appearance! :D

Great CJ! We need those systems running. :clap:

will hwmonitor work?

also

There are good free utility programs that will tell you. Don't leave them running all the time though because they will kill your folding.

Core Temp and Real temp are two that I've used - both free, both available at file repositories. (download.com, Tuocows, etc.)

no no no no
use the panel "sensors" applet :D

Attachments

• Top Panel_001.png
    Top Panel_001.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 163
i leave my pentium Dual core running at nights. its also got a Quadro FX 1700 to help with processing.

ill see if i can add more later.

Good for some distro's of Linux.

just about every distro has sensors (cli tool)
and almost all distro's with a gui have the panel app.

the sensors command has to be one of the most accurate tools I know of.

here is a the cli version
Code:
atk0110-acpi-0
Adapter: ACPI interface
Vcore Voltage:       +1.36 V  (min =  +0.80 V, max =  +1.60 V)
 +3.3 Voltage:       +3.34 V  (min =  +2.97 V, max =  +3.63 V)
 +5 Voltage:         +5.14 V  (min =  +4.50 V, max =  +5.50 V)
 +12 Voltage:       +12.03 V  (min = +10.20 V, max = +13.80 V)
CPU FAN Speed:      6367 RPM  (min =  600 RPM, max = 7200 RPM)
CHASSIS1 FAN Speed:    0 RPM  (min =  600 RPM, max = 7200 RPM)
CHASSIS2 FAN Speed:    0 RPM  (min =  600 RPM, max = 7200 RPM)
POWER FAN Speed:       0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM, max = 7200 RPM)
MB Temperature:      +34.0°C  (high = +45.0°C, crit = +75.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 0:       +67.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 1:       +65.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 2:       +66.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 3:       +64.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

it gites my cpu vcore right, where most apps just wing it, so to say.

EDIT
I need to probe the w83627ehf module

OK got a triple core, two quad cores and a hex core churning 24/7. I would add another quad but it's in the bedroom and the wife would get pissed!

I haven't folded before this event, and I'm already ranked 94308/1685945

Good start! :salute:

Couple reasons seriously - you have a lot more powerful stuff than a lot of old folders had. And the points system changed a lot... Back in the day, we used to fold WU worth a few points, instead of monsters today worth hundreds or thousands.

Crap guys... want to apologize for not really getting in on this. I had it in the back of my mind... thinking it was going to start on May 5th as usual. In fact, I've had my 4P down for a week or two as I prepped to move some stuff around... just fired it up on Saturday. Hopefully that helped a bit... seems you guys got along just fine without it though. :)

hey harlam, you know I was wondering about that, well a bit later is better than never :) do crank em up, we need every point right now, VGT is really annoyingly close :))

btw offtopic q if I may, any new devels in HFM ? why i ask, the beta WUs for amd gpus dont show right in 91 :( no ppd, no eta

Back