• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chimp Challenge 2013 - A Call to Arms - All Aboard the USS Poo Flinger

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
3770k had issues last night, it's listed as "failed" in FAH. Can't figure out how to restart the stupid thing now that I've dropped the clocks.

Main PC is chugging right along at 52kppd or so. The other system should be in that ballpark if it'd run the CPU without borking.

Today I found my computer off after supposedly benching overnight. It did not want to turn on until I reseated the mains connector.

It seems the GPUs overheated somehow, but I'll fix it in a couple of minutes.

Not supposed to kill HW yet, the comp hasn't even started yet!

EDIT:
What's the average death toll for the chimp challenge? Seems like some things die every year.

i seutp an account just now, but how do i join the overclockers folding team?

EDIT: dunno if i did this right but i clicked on configure, entered in the team number field "32" and then click apply. did i do it right?

My battleships have hit full capacity!

battleship_by_diatomicdnb-d4uw587.gif

3770k had issues last night, it's listed as "failed" in FAH. Can't figure out how to restart the stupid thing now that I've dropped the clocks.

Main PC is chugging right along at 52kppd or so. The other system should be in that ballpark if it'd run the CPU without borking.

I had a random cpu WU fail the other day... a few days after a random GPU failed WU...

Got my other 7970 back from RMA, gonna be rollin in around 120kPPD if everything goes right!:attn:

i seutp an account just now, but how do i join the overclockers folding team?

EDIT: dunno if i did this right but i clicked on configure, entered in the team number field "32" and then click apply. did i do it right?

You were right with the 32 as our team number. You'll want (and we want you go get), a passkey. As you continue to fold in the race, that passkey will become eligible for a LARGE amount of bonus points. The faster you return good data, the more the bonus points.

So go here, and get a passkey:
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/getpasskey.py

And enter it very carefully - copy and paste if possible!

Are you using the v7 GUI client? (probably)

Click on the bubbled molecule model icon for FAH, and select "Advanced Control"

Click on the "Configure" button near the top of the page.
Click on the "Identity" tab

Go down to the Passkey field, and paste or carefully keyboard in, your passkey.

Double check it

Enter it again in the "Re-enter passkey" field.

Go to the bottom of the page and click on the "Save" button". You can close it out now - it will close the GUI, but FAH will still be folding. The icon just subsides to the task bar behind the double chevron.

And after 10 successful wu's (of the most common types), you'll be seeing big bonus points.

Enter your name in the search field on the left side of this page, and it will take you to your own stats page - be sure to bookmark it.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=169140

Check in for the updates from time to time, here and on your stats page.

Less than 1 hour to go and I'm in a race of my own to get windows and updates etc installed on my new rig!

I just dedicated 30 of 36 cores to cause.

My laptop will fold intermittently so I didnt really count that. Go team!

a couple of my AMD gpus just picked up core16 units though I have the beta flag on them, it ruins everything because core16 takes a full cpu core and slows the other gpus down... is there a way to avoid this?

7 MINUTES TO GO!
PREPARE TO SET SAIL INTO BATTLE!
START MAIN ENGINES AND BRING THE POO
TURRET TARGETING SYSTEMS ONLINE.​

The battle has begun. Good luck to everyone.
Fold hard, have fun, and don't forget to
keep recruiting and borging!!

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

USS%20Poo%20Flinger%202013.jpg

Project 11293 causes FahCore_16.exe to stop working, but my other GPU folding a 7662 is working fine... any ideas?

*Edit - I deleted the slot and set it up again, got a 7662 core and it's back to folding fine... I had the same problem earlier as well and had to remove/add the GPU slot info...

Back