• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official YATTA (Slow CPU) Team Re-recruiting thread! (Revival of the YATTA TEAM)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hows it coming everyone? I just recived the 2 pII's from jimbob. They fit!! yay! lol hopfully I will have the dualie up and running soon. I just wanted to bump this up and see how everyone is doin :)

shellshock said:
hows it coming everyone? I just recived the 2 pII's from jimbob. They fit!! yay! lol hopfully I will have the dualie up and running soon. I just wanted to bump this up and see how everyone is doin :)

Get those pII's folding! Right now for yatta i have
dually pIII 800@896
celeronT 1000
celeron(coppermine) 1100
celeron 733
celeron 450
pII 450
p233mmx

I need to get my k6-2 500 and my celeron 667 back online.

My dual 600 has been down over xmas, it should be back up in a day or two. :)

Shellshock, that package got there pretty quick seeing as it xmas and all.

Scott.

I have a PIII 650 I'm setting up for folding.
I'm new to Folding - it will be my 1st time. So bear with me.
I'll try and set it up - If I run in problems I guess I'll post! :p

Edit: I think I got it to work :)

Last edited:
OK guys here is the deal.

First, I am new to OC'ers and have the IQ of an empty can of catfood when it comes to ingesting most of the stuff I read on this forum. Still, I am learning as fast as I can.

While perusing the site I ran across Folding and specifically Team Yatta.
As I read, I remembered that I have 5 HP Vectra VL p3's in the office literally stacked neatly in a corner. I also have a p3 Celeron at the house acting as a plant stand (sealed of course)! lol.

My business partner agrees that it would be a worthy cause to join. Further, I have a spot in the office to set them up where they will be undisturbed and also have a T1 although I may be able to only have a single access line available. Not sure if I would need to run a router to the router or make one a server. Someone will need to give me some guidance.

Anyway, feel free to PM me if you think we can help.

If someone feels that this equipment would be of value to Team Yatta and would be willing to mentor me, I will strip them of all software possible, and fire these puppies up.

glasslicker said:
OK guys here is the deal.

First, I am new to OC'ers and have the IQ of an empty can of catfood when it comes to ingesting most of the stuff I read on this forum. Still, I am learning as fast as I can.

While perusing the site I ran across Folding and specifically Team Yatta.
As I read, I remembered that I have 5 HP Vectra VL p3's in the office literally stacked neatly in a corner. I also have a p3 Celeron at the house acting as a plant stand (sealed of course)! lol.

My business partner agrees that it would be a worthy cause to join. Further, I have a spot in the office to set them up where they will be undisturbed and also have a T1 although I may be able to only have a single access line available. Not sure if I would need to run a router to the router or make one a server. Someone will need to give me some guidance.

Anyway, feel free to PM me if you think we can help.

If someone feels that this equipment would be of value to Team Yatta and would be willing to mentor me, I will strip them of all software possible, and fire these puppies up.

We would love to have them on our team. If you have a line coming off your router, all you need is a switch or hub to give all the machines net access. From there, download Wedo's one click installer for the o/s that each uses(probably win98). run it on each machine, then brows to c:\fah and open the client.cfg file in NOTEPAD. you must use notepad. edit the username=wedo to username=yatta and change "type=1" to "type=2". The win98 one click hasnt been updated for the new client, so you will have to go to start, programs, startup, right click on fah and click properties. you will need to edit the path to say c:\fah\fah4console.exe instead of c:\fah\fah3console.exe. apply and click ok. reboot the machine and you should be set. We would really love to have you onboard. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Last edited:
Thank you so much.

I'll work on one machine this week and walk through the process. If you can babysit me through that one, then all the others should be a snap.

My mother has MS so any type of work like this is interesting to me. The fact that I can use 6 boat anchors to help makes it even more appealing.

Man, I'm even more excited about this than the fact that my shiny new A8N SLI Deluxe got here today. :santa:

I'll squeal if I have any problems. Thanks again for taking the time.

I'll go back and read all FAQ's prior to starting.

shellshock said:
hey jimbob, do i need to pull those heatsinks off the p2's and apply some as5, or has it already been done?

LOL. Ya dont' need AS5 on P2's!!!! They don't put off enough heat to require the extra 1-2c cooling. Regular white goop will do with those.

Most of my yatta borgs are going to be down for at least this weekend. My employer is moving out of a downtown highrise and into their own place. My borgs should be back up early next week. Fold on!

Wowsers.... and welcome back Team Yatta. Man its been ages since the first 5 level Yatta monster was posted here. What a rig.... followed up by scored of Barton 2500 towers. Auch those babies threw out points.

Maybe a yatta should be the goal for my re-entrance in the folding world... it'll be a while anyway.

Back