• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 and AMD FX 8350 OC help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So I have the sabertooth 990fx R.1 with the fx8350 which I just bought about 3 weeks ago. I have been overclocking it for a week now. I was able to get 4.7 @ 1.356 volts on Air with idle temps of 25C and load temps with prime 52C. I am still trying to fine tune it but so far so good I plan to upgrade my cooler soon. I have a CM evo 212 with Corsair sp120's in push pull
king Dro, welcome, you may want to start your own post unless Nenad, doesn't have an issue with you posting about yours here. That said how long did you run prime for at 4.7?

oh sorry i didnt mean to intrude on his post I was just posting my findings. only ran prime for 10 mins

Np if Nenad, doesn't have an issue with it then it's not one. Just a heads up, most of is do not consider a PC "stable" unless it passes 2 hours of prime blend. Though if it's stable enough for you then so be it.

I may be able to pop back in later. We'll see my evenings are usually quite busy, tonight it's 1/2 price wings for a friends Bday so my spelling might be off a bit. Ha ha :clap:

Hahah, hope you have a good time mate!

I did what you said, Multiplier is on 19.5, Bus Speed on 230 and Vcore at 1.425V. This is after 30mins of Prime. Here are the snapshots.

Attachments

• HWmon.PNG
    HWmon.PNG
    16.7 KB · Views: 161
  • CPU.PNG
    CPU.PNG
    46.5 KB · Views: 161
  • Mem.PNG
    Mem.PNG
    34.6 KB · Views: 165
king pro, 4.6-4.8 is about best "working" speed with these processors, if your not benching or hard gaming why spend the money on more cooling.

nenad, you are getting close on the socket temp, do you have a fan that you can point on to the vrm heatsink?

If you went through all posts you can see that atm it's sitting on my desk. I posted a pic. I posted as well that my case is on it's way. Gonna make a diffrence with 5 coolers in it and gonna do what Johan suggested me, put a 50mm fan on backplate of my mobo.

Looks Nenad, the temps are getting up there as C_D said. At this point I'd like you to try and drop the voltage a bit, if possible. It might like it where it is but if we can lower it a bit we'll save some added heat. So try for 1.4 and see how it reacts. Do a test and with luck it'll pass

Hey Johan! How was last night? x)
I did what you suggested and lowered Vcore down to 1.4V and the test passed after 32mins in Prime with lower temperatures, here are the screenshots!

Attachments

• HWmon.PNG
    HWmon.PNG
    16.9 KB · Views: 156
  • CPUZ.PNG
    CPUZ.PNG
    46.9 KB · Views: 156
La st night was fun too many wings and beers though. Been a bit of a sluggish start for me today.
Temps look good and I figured the voltage would be fine but you never know each CPU is different in it's requirements.
I think we should stay at this speed for now and we'll try to get the performance up with the CPU_NB and Memory. Let's start with the NB. Go to your bios and bump it up one step, that should put you in the 2500 range which " shouldn't need any more voltage and is a good everyday speed. There are benefits to upping this such as better ram and cache performance but some CPUs are weaker in this area than others so it can cause instability as well, only one way to find out. Bump it up and run prime again and let's see.

I have one more request Nenad that you put all that info about your parts from your first post into your sig like you see it in mine. Go to the top of the page on the right in the grey bar you'll see quick links. Click it and select Edit Signature from the drop down menu

La st night was fun too many wings and beers though. Been a bit of a sluggish start for me today.
Temps look good and I figured the voltage would be fine but you never know each CPU is different in it's requirements.
I think we should stay at this speed for now and we'll try to get the performance up with the CPU_NB and Memory. Let's start with the NB. Go to your bios and bump it up one step, that should put you in the 2500 range which " shouldn't need any more voltage and is a good everyday speed. There are benefits to upping this such as better ram and cache performance but some CPUs are weaker in this area than others so it can cause instability as well, only one way to find out. Bump it up and run prime again and let's see.

I have one more request Nenad that you put all that info about your parts from your first post into your sig like you see it in mine. Go to the top of the page on the right in the grey bar you'll see quick links. Click it and select Edit Signature from the drop down menu

Glad you had fun! Will do in about 30mins. And will run prime to check it out. I am gonna update my Signature as well so people can see the spec's I am using x)

Great ! we appreciate not having to flip back and forth to check something like that kingstn ram you have . I was prepareing for that since some of them have been a challenge of late.

Sadly it failed :(

Attachments

• Prime fail test.PNG
    Prime fail test.PNG
    36.2 KB · Views: 152
I was worried about this. I've been helping another with very similar ram and it just seems to be a headache. Make sure it's set to 2T command rate and the tRFC is set to 300. Also set the timings at 11-11-11-30-40 then try p95 again

We may not be able to run this stuff at 2400 just so you're aware of that.

I did what you said again Worker #1 stoped.
Is the tRFC one where I need to set it to 300ns? I did that, just unsure that is the setting i needed to change.

Attachments

• spuz mem.PNG
    spuz mem.PNG
    29.8 KB · Views: 147
Ya that's the one . Do you have the voltage for the ram at 1.65v?

It is set on Auto which i saw that is on 1.640V should i bump it up to 1.65V?

Back