• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AthlonXP running to hot!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crash16

idle XP 1700+ running 63C and 67C load need help... specs in sig running 1 120MM 1 60MM and my PSU fan all running out...

Well, for first of all Asus boards report the ondie temps which are anywhere from 10-14c higher than normal in soket thermistor temps depending on how heavy the load. Still those temps are too high. What hsf are you using?

Crash put your Air conditionair unit on the side of the case :D

Are you sure you have your settings on the mobo right? Or did ya leave it at factory defaults? That might be the problem...

What is the case temp? Before ac, of course:cool:

The oem heatsink is not going to help things, although they can manage if you put a decent fan on them.

But it doesn't sound like enough airflow through the case- my watercooled rig has more case fans!

Do you have the side panel on the pc? if so, check case temps and then take the side panel off. Check the temps again: ideally they would be about the same, but a well set up case will usually have temps 2 or 3c higher than room temp.

If its a LOT higher you have found a big problem!

Best heatsink in the world needs cool air.

now im running 50C 26C under load.... well i dont have any money for a new HSF im gunna go buy some Thermal Compound and see if that helps....

ok now i got a prob wit the fans or asus prob says i do... the fans just seem to stop for a sec then start up again... got picture to show u and as i was typeing this my V started going down i will upload the pcitures to my web and let u guys see them... well the fans keep doing that over and over and over i get warnings every 10sec telling me this...
fan1.jpg
fan2.jpg
voltage.jpg

bah if u cant see the img right click it then properties and copy past the source into ur address bar

now im getting critical notificatios from Intel LANDDesk telling me my CPU V is to high and my NVRAM battery voltage has exceeded expected limits also the +5VSB voltage has exceeded

Can you physically see if the fans are slowing down/stopping?

Its looking like either a bad mobo or psu to me....
I would think a bad psu would fail more completely but....?

well shiz.... i have the case closed.. i will take a look and post back.. i sure hope it isnt the mobo or PSU....

right... i think it was MBM5 messing with asus probe cause as soon as i closed MBM5 it was fine.... anyone heard of anything like this.....

Yup.
Most programs that read the sensors want to have exclusive access to the info, or some such: only one at a time can read them! lol

So temps and volts looking ok now?

Back