• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocked XP missing .5 multipliers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JaY_III

Senior of BX
I unlocked 2 XP 1600+'s and with one I am missing the .5X mutliplier. All the other multipliers work, tested from 6 to 12, and anythign ending in .5 didnt work.

While the other XP is working just fine....

So my question is, anyone knwo what L1 bridge conrolls the .5 multiplier? So i dont have to do them all over again....

this is what the unocking looked like using winshield defroster...
(pic is before i cleaned up the second bridge to the left with the 3rd)

i think i should also mention this....
if i set to a .5 mutliplier it works as the same number without the .5

ex: i set 7.5, it works as 7

Looks like you have the conductive paint/grease touching the little triangle. I believe that may be causing your problem.

L1 bridges 2-3 at the bottom seem to be touching as well. Try cleaning it off and do it again. By the way take a thin razor blade or some sort of blade and just wipe it in between the bridges carefully and see if that helps.

said i did clean 2-3 up after i took the pic....

Guess they just need to be redone. (other CPU was fine)
must have a bad contact....
but i ask once again, Anyone know what bridge does what?

It's the first one.. It's connected to the "triangle". I would use a needle to scratch in between to clear the connection. I used an exacto knife, once, and I put a scratch in the coating. Be very careful not to put a scratch through the surface.

Back