• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with Audigy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rivercom9

Ok, heres the deal. I shell out good money for an Audigy on a 8K3A+. I know there have been known issues with Creative stuff and Via chips, but I still chance it and get an Audigy. Praying that itll run fine when I put it in. After getting it in, I install the drivers that came in the CD and it goes fine. I restart and begin to play winamp when all of a sudden it starts ****ing up (OS is WinXP btw). Is there any way that I can fix this problem? My comp runs fine when I dont play anything, but once I start playing music for about two minutes or so, it starts messing up. Is it just incompatable with my board?

Dumb question to begin with, Did you disable the onboard sound of your Mobo (If it has any though I think they all do nowadays)? That's been known to cause headaches and other issues.

Also, once the music is playing, are you doing anything else with the computer at the same time or are you using it purely as a music player?:cool:

what is messing up in winamp....?

Here is an Idea....turn hardware acceleration for audio playback all the way down(move the bar all the way to the left)

Spec

I bought a audigy gamer card and couldnt get either the joystick/firewire port to work correctly so I emailed creative tech support. they couldnt figure it out and it was deemed my card was disfunctional. It was under warranty, but i lost the reciept so creative wanted me to pay for them to fix it, and the store i bought it from wont exchange it. so basically im screwed, i wont buy creative again...:mad:

I had a problem in winamp, in that the audio would skip ahead maybe .5 seconds. It happened very rarely, but it was annoying. Turns out my winamp was a Beta, and after I got a real version everything turned out ok.

when I installed my audigy my os refused to boot causing me to reformat my hd. Since then I've had zero problems whatsoever with the drivers included on the cd.

Ive got a pump next to my sound card. Could that be the cause of my probs? Sometimes when my comp boots up, the Audigy is detected, but other times, it isnt. This is really making me mad.

hey, i had a problem with my first audigy, it was card from a bad batch of audigys, i took it back, and got another audigy, and it has worked perfectly. i dont know if that is your problem or not, but its worth a shot. oh yeah, and by the way, i got it off ebay used, and it didnt work, i only paid like 35 for it, so i bought a brand new one from CompUSA, put the old one in, and took it back. It cost me an extra 15, but i figure 50 bucks for a 100 dollar sound card was worth it.

I took out the Audigy and I can return it though since I got it from a comp show. Will prolly get one as soon as the prices go down. Right now, I guess I gotta settle for onboard.

It starts with winamp. Then after restarting, it freezes up as soon as it boots to windows. I thought it was the driver, but Ive changed it to one from the Creative site and its still doing the same thing. I think I have a bum card.

Every time I try to install the drivers for the Audigy ex board the installation will get to about 97% and then hang, even with the current XP drivers. This is on a self-made system - Soyo SY-K7V Dragon Plus! (built in sound disabled), AMD XP 1900+, ATI Radeon 8500LE, running XP Pro. No matter what I try, the install always hangs. :mad:

This is a brand new machine and am working through the set up a step at a time. XP was installed, then the WIFI drivers, updated the OS, installed the Radeon drivers, and am trying to get the SB drivers loaded. McAfee will be the last piece of SW to be installed. I have the same problem whether I use Creative's CD (I ordered the XP drive version from them) or I download the drivers from their site. The installation gets to the same point, ~97% completed, and then the system completely locks. It has been almost impossible to recover from that unless I completely shutdown and try again later. :confused:

I do have the latest VIA 4in1 and other Mobo drivers loaded. Did that after XP was loaded just before WIFI driver. On-board sound disabled in BIOS and using the Aug Test BIOS Firmware. Had same problem before Flashing the original BIOS, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Last edited:
Back