• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I did it now.........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nsshull

Registered
Well people, it's dead. Not that it's a big deal, but it happened. Last night I started to run ASUS PCProbe on my dual desktop display and watched the voltages and temperatures. On my primary monitor, I started to play a game to test the temperature the computer would shut off. Playing the game, the cpu never got above 39 degrees. Then I had to pause it and the cpu cooled down to 36 degrees. Unpaused and BAM, shut off. Well I was too tired to do any more experimenting so I went to sleep. I woke up and pushed the power button, and nothing, zip, zilch, nadda. So, I turned of the power supply and waited for the mobo lights to shut off. Once they did I powered back on. Hit the power button and IT TURNED ON! then started beeping like crazy. short high beeps in a never ending loop. I looked up the beep codes in the mobo manual and it said that beep meant CPU overheating or running at a lower frequencie. So I decided to get into the BIOS and see what was up with this thing, if possible. i hit delete repeatedly and nothing happened, just continued beeping. it then gave me an error that there was no keyboard detected, yet, the lights were on the board were lit up. ANY help is GREATLY appreaciated. Just in case anyone is wondering, I am or was running a Celeron 2.0 GHZ, 256 Megs of PC 2100 Ram, Radeon 8500LE. This system runs great, or ran great until i overclocked it to 2.4, it has been messed up ever since. :bang head so, please, any help is amazingly greatly appreaceated, thanks. PEACE!

Hmmm, Bad Luck:(

Try resetting the bios by shorting the jumper near the battery on your MB. If your manual does not document the location of the jumper then try removing the battery for awhile.

You could also try removing your HS and CPU and reseating them and also remove all the components and put it back together (especially the connectors from psu to MB)

Worth a try, cant hurt;)

Good Luck and "Welcome to the Forums":)

Al

Excelsior said:
Repeated sounds??? by any chance u have a sticky key on ur keyboard....if so then that is why...it's flooding the PS/2 channel with commands etc..

That makes GOOD sense. Try another keyboard first;)

Al

Back