• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keep the TT Volcano 7+ or get the Vantec?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

larrydon

I already have a Volcano 7+, but since I'm about to change to from a palamino to a throughbred processor should I still use this one or go ahead and get the Vantec Aeroflow(which seems a bit more solid build)?

If you are happy with the noise of the V7+, it is just as applicable to your new chip as the old one. I find the fan on the 7+ offensively loud, and it does depend on its static pressure (from the same source as the noise, high fan rpm) for its performance. You could use a Vantec or a SLK800 or 900 for at least equal performance with a marked reduction in noise, should that appeal to you.

ok thanks gang. I'll probably stick with the one I got and get something better down the road since after getting a new cpu my budget just went out the window. Once again thanks for the assist.

Back