• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Outage Knocks Out Drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shade00

Two times in the past two weeks the power has gone out in my dorm. Well, each time I thought I could just boot right up and everything would be fine.

I turned on the computer, and when it goes to load Windows XP, the screen goes to no signal! It's like it's attempting to use a refresh rate or resolution the monitor doesn't support. The card itself has not been overclocked since the first time the power went out. I don't know what to think about it. I have to go through all kinds of crap to get the drivers reinstalled and working again. Has anybody heard about this problem? System specs are in my sig. Ignore the card clocks, they're at stock speeds right now.

I don't know what to think about this. It's getting rather annoying. I'm hoping that when I get a new hard drive in the next few days I'll just do a fresh Windows install and that will solve the problem, but I'd like to hear if anyone here has had the same thing happen to them.

Back