• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which card to buy threads...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snyper1982

can we get a sticky up so we can all post our opinions on which card to buy and for what reasons, so we can get rid of all these threads? there is like 3 on page one right now.

the whole point of this board is to ask about OCing and buying video cards. and NOONE is going to sift through dozens of pages of info trying to find what they want. hell, lets make a sticky with all possible 3d mark related questions, and while were at it, lets make a sticky for all questions people may have on OCing their card...and why not a sticky about any technical problems for all the cards? get my drift? ITS A STUPID IDEA....DROP IT.

Snyper, they will never go away.

Do what I do, ignore them. Move on to someone who is asking a question that you can help with.

TomaHawk47x said:
the whole point of this board is to ask about OCing and buying video cards. and NOONE is going to sift through dozens of pages of info trying to find what they want. hell, lets make a sticky with all possible 3d mark related questions, and while were at it, lets make a sticky for all questions people may have on OCing their card...and why not a sticky about any technical problems for all the cards? get my drift? ITS A STUPID IDEA....DROP IT.

but when someone asks "What is the best card for around 150$?" and three threads down is a thread saying "need a card for 150$?" that just shows the laziness of the people here, i think if someone where to have a sticky on certain cards it may work well...

I find the idea of such a sticky great.. but as already posted, too many people, especially new members, simply do not pay attention.

There's no way that can be changed... as already suggested, ignore them if they annoy you, and let the people who want to help, help those new members.

I mean, if you work at a HW store, you get the same question 500 times a day, no matter how many brochures and magazines you send out.

People prefer personal advice..

Cheers, Flix

TomaHawk47x said:

I really dont appreciate your attitude, at all. and like you said to me in one of your threads if you dont like it, dont read it. but you should really read the forum rules, asking the same question 500 times is NOT the same thing as posting a problem you have. i never attaked you in any way in your thread, then you come to mine and tell me my idea is stupid. i guess that shows a lot about you.... do you get my drift? i was suggesting an idea that would make the forums easier to use for EVERYONE, and you are the only one who seems to not like the idea, i didnt ask if you liked my idea, i wanted to know whether it would work or not. anyways, im through arguing with you, you are not worth the time.

What about people like me, I only drop around this forum maybe once a month so if I asks a question I do not know its been asked all week long unless I do a search first (to lazy).

It's not a bad idea, but related to what TLC said opinions may change enough that the stinky may not stay relevant long enough. It would still be good to have one as a general guide of what's out there right now anyway so they can refer to that first to see if it answers their question.

Either way, it's not that hard to "sift" through some posts when there are a few active threads about the same question already, it's not really that much work.

Maybe what we even need is a "what card to buy?" section, maybe that way people would realize how many of them there are and actually take the time to read previous posts. It would also get them out of this section and reduce the clutter.

i guess it just goes to show you how lazy some poeple can be, when i need to know something i search for it, because its faster than waiting for someone to answer you. so not only does searching reduce clutter, you also get your answer much quicker, and if you cant find what your looking for, then you wasted maybe a total of 5 minutes, it would have taken some at least that long to answer your thread in the first place.

Heh

When I'm looking for advice on a good vid card I just look in this section of the forums for a post by funnyperson1. :D

time for some thread highjacking
snyper1982 said:
i guess it just goes to show you how lazy some poeple can be, when i need to know something i search for it, because its faster than waiting for someone to answer you.
That would be a good idea, except for the fact that whenever i cilck *search* it says
Sorry. The search function has been disabled by the administrator.
Don't get me wrong, i use the search function all the time, but what's the deal with that? Are other people getting the same problem?

Falcon-K said:

but when someone asks "What is the best card for around 150$?" and three threads down is a thread saying "need a card for 150$?" that just shows the laziness of the people here, i think if someone where to have a sticky on certain cards it may work well...

OH SO TRUE.

:mad:

Maybe a directory on ADVICE would be helpful to clear up a lot of junk. :D

im not sure jimbo, im getting that message too. firtst time i have ever seen it.

The Forums have been experiencing some problems lately(down most of last weekend), so I think they have disabled the resource hogging search function for now.

i don't think so that the idea of sticky for such questions (which card to buy) is a good idea.. because some people want a good performance at any cost, some guyz want average performance at low price.. etc.. so when a sticky will be here it would have to be refreshed r the products would have to be revised by the time.. because prices go down by the time... high performance cards come by the time... if a sticky is made then e.g 4 or 5 different type of questions came on the same time asking "which card to buy under these conditions(and every guy has different conditions)" then to answer them, one must have to specify that to whom is he giving the answer,, and 4 or five or more questions on the same page and more answers to them will make the place hard for the question asking person to find that which is answer of his question , or every one will search the answer for his question,, and don't make it hard to new members for ur own ease... then your commitment for the Overclockers.com will not be pure..
i am not good with english but i think u will understand me..
even i can be wrong too.. so correct me if i am..
Greetings..

i was just making a suggestion, maybe a video card buying section would be in order, so that you could ask your questions there? i dont know, im not trying to make it harder for anyone, i just think it is pure lazyness, when someone posts a question asking which card to buy for 150, when there 2 or 3 threads on the first page that are asking the same question. with a little searching they could find the answer that they are looking for.

Back