• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ultra Infinity SATA questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bassmankr

Registered
Cant find much info on the SATA setup options for this board

Are the SATA Drives setup like the IDE where you have 2 drives on 2 channels for the 4 SATA conectors? If so can you run SATA Raid on one channel and standard SATA (non-Raid) on the other? Or is it just one SATA channel with 4 drives max that can be setup as SATA Raid or standard SATA? I assume you can fill the IDE with 4 devices (using both channels) and still use the SATA drives at the same time? And with all that filled, boot from either IDE or SATA depending on the bios settings? The reason I'm asking this is I was thinking of a complex duel boot setup where you would see with one boot setup a music recording rig which would consist of a 60 gig IDE (C: boot drive - music apps), and two 160 gig SATA dirves in Raid (D: projects/samples drive). The other boot setup would be for all other apps and be a single 80 gig standard SATA C: boot drive. I know its a wierd setup but those are the drives I have to work with and I need to keep the music side of the setup clean. I also know I probably could orphan the SATA 80 gig and use another IDE in its place to get this type of a setup to work but don't want to unless I have to. Will this motherboard do it? Thanks in advance for your info and experiences

Thanks, that answers one of the questions above, how about the other questions?

Yes you can fill all the chanels & boot from the other drives or the sata. But your question on the sata drives I cant anwer right now my DFI is down but if I get it fixed before you find out Ill see.

Back