• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Desyphering SpeedFan readings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AFIsoldier

Ok, sucessfully have identified 2 of 7 temp readings on SpeedFan 4.19 w/ Mobo in sig. Does anyone know how I can find out which readings are what? A per-mobo chart, or something in BIOS?

All help is greatly appreciated as always.

You can check it with a program that identifies the temps like MBM, then just uninstall that program if you don't want both. You can also make note of the temps shown in SpeedFan, reboot, and compare them with the BIOS readings.

Only reading I have seen in bios was CPU temp, I will look on Soyo's website and see what it says about company based monitor, and then do my comparo, if that doesn't work, MBM5 or delving deeper into BIOS will have to be my next chore.

I use a free prog called everest to monitor fan speeds, temps, etc. It's much better than speedfan, imo, and it tells you what temps are what(instead of just temp 1, 2, 3, etc.). I still run speedfan every now and then to compare the temps with everest.

Back