• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How far on average do X2 3800+ overclock to?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

I'm wondering since the Opteron 165's have dried up and I won't be able to get ahold of one anytime soon. I've got no knowledge of dual core cpu's and I'm a bit hesitant of making the jump...I just want to know how well they will OC in the long run. We talking high or low FSB? higher lower ghz? I don't even know...thanks for your replies.

2.6-2.7 range is average for those ship u can even go a bit higher with good ship

yeah 2.5-2.7Ghz seems about what most get. Im tryin to get my x2 stable at 2.6Ghz, but i need 1.63Vcore (bios) to get it stable. it'll do 2.5Ghz at 1.5Vcore (bios). that 1.63 is alot of juice, I'll probably back it down to 2.5Ghz. Anyway, just wait and get a Opty, they wont be in short supply forever, you'll regret it if you don't.

Yeah, I know, the thing is though I won't have the money to get the X2 3800+/Opteron 165 until next Thursday, sadly. Is 300x9 with the 3800+ possible/rare/common?

-Is 300x9 with the 3800+ possible/rare/common?
is common.
2.7 is usually dowable with A64 939 venice and abrouve
u can just check for some good stepenning and order one to be sure for 2.7++

Back