• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 2Gb Kits for gmaing set up (will be overclocked)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mooreswhat

Hey,

I was wondering what the best 2Gb kit would be for a gaming rig. I would like to be able to overclock them to 300Mhz (DDR600) I have a 1Gb kit of Ballistix right now and they can run at 300Mhz so I'm looking for the 2Gb equivelant (in 1gb sticks of course)

The best looking ones so far seem to be the Team Xtreme (Micron) PC4000 3-3-3-8 ones: http://www.tankguys.biz/team-xtreem-cronus-3338-pc4000-micron-p-1542.html

They are pretty pricey at 265$Us. Any other good kits?

Thanks

Nevalite said:
Hey,

I was wondering what the best 2Gb kit would be for a gaming rig. I would like to be able to overclock them to 300Mhz (DDR600) I have a 1Gb kit of Ballistix right now and they can run at 300Mhz so I'm looking for the 2Gb equivelant (in 1gb sticks of course)

The best looking ones so far seem to be the Team Xtreme (Micron) PC4000 3-3-3-8 ones: http://www.tankguys.biz/team-xtreem-cronus-3338-pc4000-micron-p-1542.html

They are pretty pricey at 265$Us. Any other good kits?

Thanks

A little word of advice. Do not get the Team Xtreem Cronus "Microns" There are a lot of issues going on with these modules and I would not want you to be dissapointed like the rest of us. Many people are receiving sticks that will not clock at stock rated speed and timings. The quality control department at Team Research is undergoing severe changes because of the problems with these Micron sticks. <-- Or so they say.. :)

I would have to recommend either the OCZ, Gskill, or Mushkin 2-gig sets right now. I am currently favoring the Gskills because of a 282 mhz overclock that I achieved without touching anything in A64Tweaker. As far a getting a 300 mhz guaranteed 2-gig set. That seems to be extremely difficult to find right now unless you are getting a cherry picked set from the manufacturer. I would search the classifieds for something that has been used and proven @ 300 mhz because you are playing russian roulette when ordering new 2-gig sticks and expecting 300 mhz out of them.

Good luck.

Dom

Last edited:
I think the G.Skill Extreme pc4000 2x1Gb kit looks like the best right now. Know anywhere I can buy it in canada at a good price?

avalanche83 said:
Wow. Yep I've been out of the loop. Wonder how many people got the good sticks?

By the looks of it. 2 People: OPB (the team employee) and Ozzi from XS. Other than that I have not seen any other reported 280 mhz+ overclocks with the Micron. Please chime in if someone has seen a good Team Micron stick other than the original OPB and Ozzy reports. Most of the results have been negative.

Back