• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Set Voltages to Stun - NE Ohio Meetup Aug 2-5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't wait either! Got everything we might need to do real 3d damage, but never used a topend card... Interested to see what we can get out of 'em.

Truck is almost done, just gotta get the new water pump back on there... Then hopefully it holds coolant and runs alright. Still going to Cincinnati tonight, then back home tomorrow.

Gah, stupid cars. I hate them.

Hopefully the LN2 hauler survived more or less intact beyond the waterpump. There's a decent chance that the water pump died and took the belt out, I've seen that no small number of times.
The important bit is to not fry the motor while you're lacking in waterpump rotation.

Bad news Fedex tried to deliver last box w 680's and will retry tomorrow YIKES if they dont hold it IM SCREWED.

Call them fast!

Back on road. Tow, parts and labor for $250! Thank you Ohio for your bountiful natural resources, like country hicks with rollbacks and auto repair skills!

3930K in hand for trip and 3770K will be at location tomorrow via UPS :) man thats a shi..... load of stuff hope some nice score go up!

Ready to go!

TB_online.jpg

rofl
Think that'll be enough?

Might not be!

We are running 8 benches w 2x 7970's and 2x 680's

and on 2x2011 w 3930k and 2x1155 w 3770k

1 card runs and 2 card runs total 64 runs if we do them all thats tons of LN2 :)

I hope we can get all the runs in

Last edited:
You guys are gonna be scrambling, Just remember to relax and go with the flow and dont kill yourselfs trying to get everything benched. Cause thats really a ton of hardware.

Seriously. I would have multiple systems prepped too. If you run into issues you can't figure out with one platform, just flip that board (literally, put it over the sink), and then move on. Come back to things that give you problems so you don't waste time getting no where.

We have a plan of action 2 boards prep ready slow steady and get as much quality benching in as we can, I dont think we will get it all but a fair amount hench 400 LT LN2 and 2 full days non stop except to shovel some food drink maybe a cat nap on the keyboard.

Object get runs on the 2011 and 1155 at least 1 good set on each board :)

The good thing is I know the boards well and IMOG knows the plan and the rest, once we got a system going get the runs in and then move on. board needs a rest next up but will have cards figured better.

Its mainly the cards as we both have had no time with the way will will be running them bios change out and seeing if they tick or toc.

Once the main runs are done then its FRY TIME a push to MAX.

I will have 4 other hands helping a huge +

Last edited:
Seriously. I would have multiple systems prepped too. If you run into issues you can't figure out with one platform, just flip that board (literally, put it over the sink), and then move on. Come back to things that give you problems so you don't waste time getting no where.

Good plan. With the number of motherboards here, that's exactly the plan I was thinking of. No screwing with anything that isn't working right, just let it dry out and drop CPU/GPU in another board.

That is part of the reason I wanted to have the information in the first post, so we could quickly change benches and have a good idea about what we should be running on. (3d11/vantage SB-E for 680, Ivy and SB-E for 7970)

It isn't an ideal WR setup... We don't have all the hardware pretested, and we haven't spent days setting up OSes or ensuring we are tweaked well. This isn't exactly going to be "one shot, one kill" territory. We're going for something more like the FPSRussia Minigun approach, if you happen to be familiar with that.

It will produce top globals though, we just don't know which ones. :D

Yep, that's the plan. I'm hoping to spend a bit of tonight getting my SSD prepped for benching and maybe get some LOD tweaking done on my 7970.

I have a great team here IMOG & Janus67 crunching away, dont miss out we will be streaming on 2 streams!

Thanks Guys

Yep, that's the plan. I'm hoping to spend a bit of tonight getting my SSD prepped for benching and maybe get some LOD tweaking done on my 7970.

If you can do some LOD tweaking, that would be AWESOME to have an idea of what works best on 7970... I'll be reviewing your notes. :) We'll have plenty to test getting started to find LOD values, drivers, cold tolerances, voltages, and scaling.

When prepping the SSD, it looks like w7-64 was the OS used for almost every top global for the 7970. Just FYI in case that wasn't what you were planning to prep.

Back