• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Set Voltages to Stun - NE Ohio Meetup Aug 2-5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you go to the first post of this thread and do a search in your browser for "win7/64", it will highlight all the instances of where it was used in the top global submissions - paints a pretty clear picture having it laid out like that. Of course you could just take my word for it as I'd never steer you wrong, but if you wanted to see the supporting evidence thats how I do it. :salute:

3d06 is going to need every mhz of CPU you can throw at it with the top cards. It's just as bad as 3d05 really. You won't hit a WR in 3d03 without Super Fast CPU either, GT1 is essentially a CPU test these days.

3d06 is going to need every mhz of CPU you can throw at it with the top cards. It's just as bad as 3d05 really. You won't hit a WR in 3d03 without Super Fast CPU either, GT1 is essentially a CPU test these days.

Refer to the 1st post where I summarized top global scores on each card. What you are stating about 3d03 and 3d06 is not well supported by the example of the current top global scores.

6.6GHz isn't a lot of CPU for 3d06/3d03?
3d06 has a CPU test in it, so clocks won't be as high as say 3d05 that doesn't. It still needs them just as much.
3d03 it isn't as critical, but it is still very important. I've had more issues with CPU clocks in 3d03 than in 3d05/3d01 as well.
Don't confuse the low clock speeds due to not being able to run it as fast with not needing to run it as fast as possible. Especially in 3d06.

6.6GHz isn't a lot of CPU for 3d06/3d03?
3d06 has a CPU test in it, so clocks won't be as high as say 3d05 that doesn't. It still needs them just as much.
3d03 it isn't as critical, but it is still very important. I've had more issues with CPU clocks in 3d03 than in 3d05/3d01 as well.
Don't confuse the low clock speeds due to not being able to run it as fast with not needing to run it as fast as possible. Especially in 3d06.

Good point. I agree with you on 06.

In 03 I haven't seen more than minimal benefit by running 1GHZ faster on Ivy than I did on Sandy, when running on 8000 series nvidia. You are talking about new cards though, so I'll keep that in mind when we're doing our thing this weekend.

So I was run off the road into construction this week. Taking my car in to get it repaired tomorrow...doubt I'll make it unless they finish it by Saturday.

:(

Packed ready, going to spend a few mins getting thru the security Im sure w stuff in my bag hehe HDD's , Fans, Cpu's, web cam tri pod and laptop ect.

OH here I come!

Making two airgas trips. Turns out there's a 1000 pound hazmat limit, and you need to be placarded to haul more than that. The payload in the Dakota is 1800 pounds so I thought I would be good to haul 330l in one trip - no such luck!

$188 for the 330l fill. Not bad.

Last edited:
I might be grabbing a dewer later this year, if so I want your receipt. ;)

Best of luck today guys. Kick some benchmark.. well you know. :D

Livestream probably starts around 6PM EST tonight, after picking up Steve/Turn & Burn from the airport, stopping at Microcenter, and getting back home.

Making my second Airgas trip now - I hung out at the house for a bit hoping USPS would show up... And they did! Finally, all packages have arrived - this one was from Bobnova, and it was the last I was expecting to arrive. I think it has a GPU for Janus67 in it. :D

Janus67 is on his way here now, so we'll be prepping until we go to pickup Steve. I have a couple more motherboards and a couple 680's that arrived while I was out of town, and still need to get those ready.

Awesome.
That's a GTX285 with a creatively engineered voltmod.
It was the only way I could find to bypass OVP on that thing (which nobody has managed previously) without finding all the VID resistors (they're scattered everywhere) and going to jumpers/DIP switches like TiN's first round of GTX680s.
Upside: Lots of volts are available.
Downside: Really touchy voltage control, may fry the VID DAC in the controller.

Back