• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Set Voltages to Stun - NE Ohio Meetup Aug 2-5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think it would probably still POST without the VID DAC if the mod were adjusted correctly. Not positive on that front.

Buuuut yeah... Janus said LN2 and Make it Happen. Can't make it happen capped at +175mV.

1 MVE - ran great for about 2 weeks. Now first 2 DIMMs are dead. Only ever ran in the red slots... I've never taken the ram out since the first time they were installed until today to find what was dead. They were completely covered in vaseline

Imo better to take rams out after finished benching. Always reapply fresh vaseline on around slots and thinned out with hairdryer/heat gun for new benching session.

from my findings on the z77 that usually means the problem isnt dead data channels but damage to the socket. I need to try to figure out an easy way to check all the data channels from the socket to the ram sockets, probably need to get a dummload made that works a wire checker from the socket to a dummload in the dimm sockets.

while replacing the vasoline in the sockkets is a good call, you partly judge the replacement of it off how much its been poisioned by water.

Hey guys -
I'll be over with my plethora of AMD shtuff in a bit, fixed my 890FX board and also bringing my 990FX board because I never did BD right.

With all that LN2, you'll be able to do it right this time. :thup:

Hi Dumo, glad to see you posting! :)

With all that LN2, you'll be able to do it right this time. :thup:

Hi Dumo, glad to see you posting! :)
I've gone through about 100L LN2 this last 2 months so it's not like I've been LN2 starved :D
Reserve me a table spot! I'll be doing absolutely useless overclocking! :attn: (chew* already had XS's TPP covered)

EDIT:
I wanted to ask if you guys had any spare thermos vacuum bottles.
I have a 1L thermos but it is the green Alladin-Stanley type with extra-small mouth. I usually just pour into a tea pot because of it...

Last edited:
Hey Beep, why aren't you on our team yet? ;) :sn:
Because I learned too much of what I know from XS :rain:
I spend 70% of my time @ XS :rain:
I like XS :rain:

I've been spending a lot of time here lately though, mostly trying to help out those in the help/hardware sections, some of them are quite wacky and others don't take kindly to newcomers. :temper:

He's doomed. He doesn't know it but one of his alternate personalities already signed the contract.

:sn:

Okay, so to the current members: Teach him more, don't let him leave, and make him like us more!

He's doomed. He doesn't know it but one of his alternate personalities already signed the contract.

:sn:
Ha, okay.

IMOG previously told me in June that I wasn't invited to these events. Da F is this? :bday:
I'm firm right now, not switching teams.

Luckily the hardware I'm OC'ing tonight will do bupkis for my team...not like I wouldn't OC it here at home anyway.

Back