• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dumb Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shep

I downloaded the latest client from the folding, home page. Went and got Electron Microscope. I tried running the consol it downloads the work unit but then it does nothing. I never saw where to enter my name or team number. I left the console open over night and didn't get anything Electron Microscope still said 0% after 5 hours, it should have done something in 5 hours Seti finished a work unit in that time. How do I make it Fold?

EM doesn't work on the new 2.X versions, I believe there's a util called "FoldMonitor" somewhere out there but I don't use it.

If you installed over top of an old 1.34 installation, you may want to do this:

1. Close out of the console.
2. Delete client.cfg
3. Re-run console (FAH2console.exe)

It should prompt you for a username and team number (32). Also it will ask about auto-requesting new work and if a firewall is present.

Any more questions, feel free to ask.

SB

I have never folded before so it was a freash install tried deleating client cfg and running console again but it still doesn't ask for User name or Team.

Here is a snippet from a post by Ploaf. Should shed some light...

If you run the latest text only version you have to do it with the
-config flag or it won't even ask you for your information(name, team #, etc.).

You can thank Stanford for this. They did this intentionally with the latest client update. Here's how to enter your information.

You have to make a shortcut to the fah2console.exe

Where it says target and you see the location of the fah2console.exe you will need to place " -config" after the target address. Do not use the quotes and there is a space before the dash.

Then run the client from the shortcut and it should ask for the information. Hope that helps.

This is similar to running the client with the -local flag but it's
-config instead. There is an example of that pictured on the tricks page of the team site.

You can also use the GUI version which seems to be just fine for most people and it's easier to configure.

Back