• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Our Team Web Site

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
The ocsetiteam domain is due for renewall on the 8th. I've held the domain and hosted the old site on my server for years. There have been a few threads here and there discussing the idea of building a new site for boinc. Is anybody willing to do this? Would we keep the same domain name? Just wanted some last minute input before I decide what to do.

Sounds good... since I essentially built the original (which was modded a bunch--and good mods too--by those that came after) I would be in on helping with the BOINC site.....

First thought: it should be a BOINC site, with a HEAVY seti influence... I think that will again draw member for us, and add some visibility to the other great BOINC projects that peaople are running.

My thoughts anyway....

[stealth mod off]

I wish this great team site remains active and gets a face lift. Its been home for so many years that I cant think of dropping SETI from my machine :D

I want to congratulate all that has keep this team for this long, and to all that have carried the torch since some of us have moved to the back seat......a big THANK YOU

[stealth mod on]

I am going to get to work on a new FaH site. Perhaps we could work together on a unified site?

David said:
I am going to get to work on a new FaH site. Perhaps we could work together on a unified site?

Doubt it would work too well. the SETI and F@H mindsets are a world apart. Trust me... those of us in Alt-DC know that all too well.

well, I can do some bryce 5, if the person or persons doing the webpage need a nice background or a few small pics or something.

I'm no web designer but I do know programming. I'd be willing to colaborate on redoing the site if there's one or two other people willing, one of them preferably being good at design.

Would be nice to get something started at the very least. Also worth mentioning is my company offers web hosting, and I have both lamp and iis servers available depending on somebody's preference for asp or php, etc.

wish i could help!

i do wish i could contribute :shrug: because i have had a ball here in the past week since i've joined:bday: , but all i do is run wires and get things ready for people like you to do your things. i'm going to have some bumper stickers window graphics made up to promote membership soon .:clap:

Back