• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my new SD 3700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoPaN

Well seeing as im still stuck with a 939 motherboard and will be for quite some time yet I decided to upgrade from my Winchester core 3200 (2.5ghz 1.52V) to a 3700 SD core.
Im using an Asus A8V mobo and so far im prime stable 2.8ghz 1.36v. The chip is a 3700BN KAB2E from Ewiz. It had a slightly bent pint on arival which was easy to straighten out.
I aslo had it running over night at 2.9ghz 1.44v prime stable. This motherboard is gets flakey at high FSB speeds so I need to wait for my Epox 9NDA3+ to come back from RMA to give it a real test.

So far though im happy with the 3700 :)

I just got a SD 3700 with that same stepping. I hope it overclocks that well.
Is that on air? what vcore voltage? Some reviews said they needed high vcore to get the high overclocks.

That is on air, I included my Vcore voltages in my first post. I think with this stepping you really cant go wrong :) enjoy.

You've inspired me to order one for myself...... had been debating for a while, but $82 shipped to my door for a KAB2E is tough to beat :)

I got mine from Ewiz too. Mine is probally from the same batch..
1.36 volts on air with that overclock is great.

My new CPU just showed up today and, much to my dismay, it's a KAB1E :bang head

Figured it'd come from the same batch and I'd get a KAB2E, but no such luck. Maybe I'll luck out and get a good chip, gotta wait till my new board arrives....:rolleyes:

||Console|| said:
I bet , you gota love those SD cores , Nice low Vcore you might have a 3ghz+ chip :beer:

My board is acting weird. When I try to OC, it doesn't. Then I noticed that it went to 2.4ghz entirely by accident. I never changed anything... That's without any changes to the vcore. I bet I could get to 2.5 or 2.6 without vcore changes and who knows how much higher with a bump in vcore and better HSF.
My sandy is almost a year old too...

I'm considering buying a 3700+ Sandy. What's the difference between an Opteron 148 and this though? The Sandy is a little cheaper, but all the specs are the same.

KAB2E seems to be a good stepping like KACAE, high o/c with low volt :D

Last edited:
Back