• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QUADFIRE ON BIOSTAR TPOWER I45

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Automiketic

okay so im about begin my journey into quad fire with two 3870X2's, but im already having some difficulty. those who have the tpower probably have seen the red jumpers in between the 2 video cards. i switched all these over to pins 2-3 like your supposed to for xfire and plugged in the 4pin molex above the vid pcie slot. i am still at a loss. i cannot get the computer to recognize the second card whatsover, and everything i look it at still shows the first lane is running at 16x. but when i ran a 06 bench last night i got about half my usual 3870x2 score. what am i doing wrong. by the way the xfire bridge is attached as well. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think there is a single black jumper that needs to be set along with the red jumpers.

Have you tried using different drivers? Newer or older??

Have you tried a BIOS flash on the board? Not sure if that would help, but if you know how to flash there should be no harm in doing so.

PolRoger90: hmmm maybe thats my problem. that would explain why the second card isnt working but i still wonder why my score was halved in 06. its almost like only one core on the x2 was running.

godM@n: no i havent tried different drivers yet. i did uninstall and sweep and all that though. maybe thats whats causing the the poor 06 score.

The I45 is a old school in turning on Hardware x-fire. You also need to check box in CCC for Crossfire. If you don't have crossfire box then reinstall CCC.

The I45 is a old school in turning on Hardware x-fire. You also need to check box in CCC for Crossfire. If you don't have crossfire box then reinstall CCC.

Good call.

Think about it, Auto. You've done the hardware/physical correctly with the jumpers (also make sure the cards are snug - maybe pull them out and put them back), so the next step is software - flash bios, update driver (or try newer/older), and check options.

alright will do some more playing tonight when i get home from the hospital. was there late last night visiting my father and i didnt have the energy to really play too much last nite. ill let u all know my results later on. thanks again everyone. i did check the box in ccc for xfire but still no help. thats whats really confusing me cause that never came up before with just one card but it does now and its enabled but still no help.

*UPDATE*
ok well thanks to polroger i got both cards showing in ccc now. and i can see and oc all 4 cores now as well as proven by gpuz. i still cant figure out how to activate any monitor connected to the second card and im still getting horrible scores, about half as much as i got with just one card. does anyone have any clue what i am doing wrong. ill try some different drivers shortly see if that helps. the previous owner did not have much luck with flashing the bios and i dont want to run into the problems he did so i will avoid this at all costs for now.

ok well after reinstalling windows i seem to have them both up and running still not performing the way i wanted to but i think that has to do with other hardware. hopefully ill have my new hardware this weekend and all will be well. ill keep you all updated.

yeah i know i shouldnt expect to see double my score or anything but i was hitting around 20k in 06 without much tweaking or clocking, so i dont think 25k-30k is out of the question once i get everything up and running correctly. last run i did i only got 15k but that is most likely due to the fact that everything was stock and another h/w issue.

Back