• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AND FX6300 @4.4 on air, suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LOL you guys break me up.
Anyhow the psu is not making that much heat, the advantage of running a way bigger psu then needed. and I oriented it that way because flipping it over the cables don't reach. The main villain I see here is the video card punching 36c out the fan and radiating 32c right into the first fan of the hyper 212. Checking this because of the h100 going in and trying to figure the best arrangement of fans, going with a push pull on the rad drawing air in from outside the case just trying to decide which fans need to be drawing the air out of the case. I like the idea of the 50mm fan on the back of the socket and will look for one at the shop or order one.

Can you tell we have fun here :D

DAKz, another option is cutting a hole in the side panel, behind the hole in the motherboard tray. I did this on my TJ07 and mounted a 120mm fan on the door as an exhaust. It dropped my socket temps a bit over 10c.

Checking this because of the h100 going in and trying to figure the best arrangement of fans, going with a push pull on the rad drawing air in from outside the case just trying to decide which fans need to be drawing the air out of the case. I like the idea of the 50mm fan on the back of the socket and will look for one at the shop or order one.

Alway set the rad up to exhaust the hot air out of the case. I know you want cool air for the rad but trust me on this one. You'll end up with too much hot air in the case.

The rear exhaust fan should b enough to handle most of the heat from the video card( this is with the H100) I had to use a side fan for exhaust but only after I set up my SLI the DCUII cards were literally sitting on top of each and getting in excess of 95°. With a single card there was no need.

Last edited:
Ok tonight since I am waiting on the last of my orders to get here, I added a fan to the mobo socket back. and it was a huge improvement. I haven't done much with it permanent since I have to dig into this tomorrow night or saturday to install the cooler.

Alway set the rad up to exhaust the hot air out of the case. I know you want cool air for the rad but trust me on this one. You'll end up with too much hot air in the case.

Interesting thought, but will try that, was actually thinking of reversing the 200mm front fan for exhaust but the airflow should be bottom front to the top rear, so that makes sense.
I picked up a couple JMC Datatech DB9733 (specs Here), we have tons of these laying around the shop, so with a little "craftmanship" I can move a lot of air through the case. Actually since I have almost 2" between the bracket for the cpu and the side of the case I am considering putting one of these on the back of the socket.

LOL playing around tonight since I got nothing to do but wait on parts, so wanted to run a couple tries one last time on air. Think the Hyper 212 knows its going I incresed the cpu voltage to 1.30 the NB to 1.175 the HT clock to 216 and the multi to 20 for a 4.335 ghz speed, ran prime and the hotest any of it got was 43c. not to bad at all. Might just stick the Hyper 212 in a closet somewhere for a while, got a big tube of AS5 so I am good to go.

Ya those hyper coolers are great for the price of them.

Interesting thought, but will try that, was actually thinking of reversing the 200mm front fan for exhaust but the airflow should be bottom front to the top rear, so that makes sense.

Ya there really is no sense in fighting mother nature. If you have sufficient airflow into the case the rad will perform fine.

I still have my 212+ it is still a really good heatsink, I use it on my Athlon II 6000+ for benching. I have a pair of scythe 110cfm slipstreams on it and it cools that chip well. Though, it's a good heatsink, my Prolimatech Megahalems will outperform it by 10c.

LOL here we go

OK just booted it back up and checking everything over looks good so far, and a ton of cable management to do but so far running @ 4.33 the temps look really good. 4 fans on the rad blowing out as was suggested.

Attachments

• 20130628_233615.jpg
    20130628_233615.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 42
Thanks Johan45, and think I found a couple things to fix, First is the RAM, I have it in the first two slots nearest the processor, just out of habit I guess, anyhow I am reading here and the owners manual it should be the 2nd and the 4th slot on the Sabertooth 990fx, is that right?

Next I did try this while checking some stuff in windows last night (about 4am this morning) and I did add a side fan, now it did manage to drop the temps everywhere about 3c, and I used Artic silver 5, but the fans I may have messed up on, I went for looks more then performance, however with that said.... Right now I am running 9c with only firefox running so we can call that no load, but while taking care of some emails for work last night I started AMD Overdrive and let it run, mostly to see how the temps would react, now I also ticked the box for voltage on Overdrive, so that it would have every chance, and stated HW mon and cpuz on the other montior and went back to my emails. I would glance over at the temps to make sure they were ok and they never got above 44c while AOD was doing their stability test, and the system would recover almost instantly before going to the next step, before I knew it it was over 4.7 still at 43-44 and passing its stress testing. I didn't want to push the thing that hard, but wow! I stopped the AOD Autoclock and it recovered back down almost instantly, very impressive.
Now here is where I may need some advice, the fan I stuck on the side case is a cm 120 from my Hyper 212, the rpm on this thing is 3688 and I got to wondering the two fans I had on the 212 are rated for 69cfm with a way higher rpm, would I be better off to go with them on the rad rather then the fans I have on there? Since heat hasn't been an issue I am tempted to leave as is, but those two fans on the 212 are beasts!

Try a different thermal paste. There are many that do better than AS5.

I like Antec formula 6/7. It's a decent price and does extremely well for all types of cooling conditions. Air-LN2 this stuff works pretty well.

Others like varieties of other pastes and do probably a tad better than the Antec Formula series pastes. But for under 8$ and some diamond dust, it's probably one of the best. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835209059

Wow OK, I just grabbed a tube or AS5 from work, but may order a tube of the Antec. Just sitting here with the fans in front of me from the 212 trying to decide if I want to dig out the rad and swap fans and if it would be worth it.

The fans on the rad depend on the rad itself. My rad is quite thick and the fins are packed qite tightly so I put some Corsair SP fans on it. The SP's have a higher static pressure so they work better when they meet the resistance of pulling through the radiator. If your rad is thin and the fins have bigger gaps allowing the air to move more freely the higher CFM fans work better. The corsairs I have in pull dropped my temps about 5 degrees from the stock fans.

Wow OK, thats a good thinking point. The RAM thing is the 2nd and 4th slot? The owner's manual is not real well put together on that part but if I am reading it right and your thread where you helped Oldie_1962 that was one of the things you pointed out early to him.

Yep you're right 2 and 4. Near the end of goldies thread is a pic of my system you can compare the rads maybe.

outstanding and thanks, guess I do have some more work to do, on it to get it just right. Knew something was up when the RAM wasn't running dual channel

Ok moved some fans around, put the two fans from the Hyper 212 between the case and the rad, with two more under the rad, added two to the side panel and the idle temp stock with no load 9c with no load for the package temp and 27c for the cpu temp, and fixed the RAM slot issue.... now maybe its ready for some fun ;)

OK here is the starting point, I turned everything back to stock for settings...

Attachments

• 20130628_233615.jpg
    20130628_233615.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 29
  • 20130629_181531.jpg
    20130629_181531.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    63.3 KB · Views: 27
4.3 ....

first step to 4.3....