• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AND FX6300 @4.4 on air, suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LOL was entertaining the idea of dragging the dell server from under my bed where its just sitting doing nothing for either folding or seti. I did seti years and years ago I think it was during Windows 98 era.

OK since I have been infected with the oc bug I tried tonight to push it to 4.6, I raised the cpu voltage to 1.36875 and the multi to 22, had one worker stop after 5 minutes, so I backed the multi back to 21.5 and raised the cpu bus to 214 this was the same result worker stopped after 5 minutes. Do I need to bump the CPU/NB up or where is this failing me?

OK thanks, what is the limit on safe volts on this board? I have read that 1.4 and even where Johan has said to start with 1.4 then after you reach your target try to back it down.

I probably would not be comforatble day in and day out to use more than 1.5125Vcore. But in addition to that, I would have to make sure that the CPU Socket temp did not exceed ~70c and the Core/Package temp did not exceed ~60c running a two hour P95 Blend test. I have not seen any of "your" CPUz, CPU Tab, Memory Tab and the SPD tab and HWMonitor captured with it running during the P95 Load test but I bet you put 1.5125Vcore to the cpu you will be over on those temps during a P95 Blend test.
RGone...

I probably would not be comforatble day in and day out to use more than 1.5125Vcore. But in addition to that, I would have to make sure that the CPU Socket temp did not exceed ~70c and the Core/Package temp did not exceed ~60c running a two hour P95 Blend test. I have not seen any of "your" CPUz, CPU Tab, Memory Tab and the SPD tab and HWMonitor captured with it running during the P95 Load test but I bet you put 1.5125Vcore to the cpu you will be over on those temps during a P95 Blend test.
RGone...

I haven't posted any screen shots because I like for prime to get to the 2nd level of tests at least since that really jacks the temps up. However my cpu voltage is (a4.53) 1.3625 with a no load temp 26-28c and a socket temp around the same under load in prime the temps are around 54c-57c with a socket temp around 42c. Then when I bump the voltage up to 1.36875 cpu voltage and the multi up to 22 then the temps for 5 minutes remain close to the same, but I get worker 5 fails in about 5 minutes. So reset it back to 4.53 and 1.3625 volts and it goes back to being stable with no issues. So I know that the voltage and the heat goes up under load and thats why I asked about the safe settings for voltage for the cpu, and being a 96 watt processor I don't think it will handle voltage as well as maybe the 8xxx 125 watt series. Is my thinking wrong?

OK??

OK here is where I am,
I went in and raised
multi to 22
CPU Freq 210
CPU v 1.38125
CPU/NB v 1.16250

Tested with prime, ran good for like 15 minutes, did a screen capture, and then noticed worker 6 had failed. I am posting the screen shot. Not sure where the issue is right now. Temps as you can see are getting high but they ran between 57-59c.

Attachments

• Capture463loaded.PNG
    Capture463loaded.PNG
    276.7 KB · Views: 74
Usually when a worker fails it's a lack of V_core but at this point where is the memory sitting, I mean frequency and NB these can also cause issue.

Hi Johan, and here is the pics for the mem from cpuz.
Little confused at this point where the issue is.

Attachments

• mem1.PNG
    mem1.PNG
    19.2 KB · Views: 71
  • mem2.PNG
    mem2.PNG
    22.9 KB · Views: 71
You're running your memory at nearly 1700 and the NB at 2500 just like the CPU the faster they go the more power they need. It's not likely the mem but at that speed I have my NB at 1.3 which will make more heat

So you mean the cpu/nb or just the nb voltage? they both are way lower then 1.3 the cpu/nb v is at 1.1625 and the cpu v is at 1.38125 for the 4.6 settings. The nb voltage I have not touched at all they are still set at 1.1. I set everything back to the 4.5 settings trying to figure out where its going bad. here is the pic for that, (no I am setting it through bios this is just a handy way to show the voltages)

Attachments

• Captureevo1.PNG
    Captureevo1.PNG
    55.2 KB · Views: 72
Ya set the CPU_NB to about 1.25 and see if that works for ya. The stock freq is 2200 and you're at 2500 so it needs a bit of a push

OK let me test it in prime thanks for the help will be back with the results in a few.

OK Johan your great, did your settings and here are the results..... I am concerned about the VCORE-1 temp but after 30 minutes on prime it had no fails! Outstanding.

Attachments

• Capture1960.PNG
    Capture1960.PNG
    279.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Capturetr.PNG
    Capturetr.PNG
    104.7 KB · Views: 67
Your temps are still safe but you're at the end in my opinion. Glad it's working for ya now Dakz, that's what we're here for.

Yea was thinking this was close to the end, thanks so much for the help, and really considering it started out as one of the 3.5ghz 6300 I am way more then happy with it at 4.63 thats very sweet.

Well been running about 3 weeks at the 4.63 as my daily, performance has been outstanding and cooling has been very good, really kind of hard to put this under the same load that prime does so I am very good, haven't seen anything near 40c. Added the other 8gb RAM and no issues with that, all in all I think I have to call this a success. Was looking around the shop the other day through some of the scrap units we got and came across a sweet little quad core I might salvage and use for a play tester maybe some peltier cooling testing. Anyhow wanted to say thank you to all that helped, couldn't have done it without you guys, your the best so thanks and keep the help going I know that I will try to pay it forward to anyone I can help here just as well as you guys helped me.

. Anyhow wanted to say thank you to all that helped, couldn't have done it without you guys, your the best so thanks and keep the help going I know that I will try to pay it forward to anyone I can help here just as well as you guys helped me.

Thanks Dakz, that's why we keep coming here for the success stories such as yours. I see you still hang around the forums which is good, we can always use another to jump in and help out. :cheers:

Back