• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AND FX6300 @4.4 on air, suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep that worked RGone thanks...
As you can see I got to finish up a little cable management, but way impressed with the room in this case and how the airflow cooled everything off a lot.

Attachments

• 20130615_143112.jpg
    20130615_143112.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 20130616_030942.jpg
    20130616_030942.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 117
  • 20130616_125132.jpg
    20130616_125132.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 112
Red fans FTW :)

Nice rig Mandrak.

My Antec DF85 Fulltower has a red Theme.I moved all theses parts in my other case.This is a older picture.It's gutted now.I have a HX850 psu, and new fans.Just waiting for some extra cash to buy a Haswell cpu, and a GTX 770.The Microsoft Sidewinder X4 keyboard goes great with a red theme.It's has 3 different red light adjustments.Great gaming kb for 60 dollars.

DAKz-That a nice setup too!.The FX 6300 is my everyday / gaming cpu.I have mine oc @ 4.4g on 1.35v on air.Great cpu.

Attachments

• IMG_0278.JPG
    IMG_0278.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
First run at new setup.

OK I have to get used to this BIOS, and the LLC part but for a first run this is a start,

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    156.9 KB · Views: 109
I am really really tempted to order the Corsair h100i, been studying it and researching it, to be honest what is grabbing my attention the mot is the fast recovery time, which is why I went with the hyper 212. But I am confused about the best fan arrangement, is 4 fans in push pull the way to go? I am reading that there is not much difference for it and the 2 fan arrangement, except in the cases of "extreme" overclocking. And then they suggest replacing the two stock fans. Opinions guys?

The thermaltake AIO that I'm using works quite well for what it is. Chek this thread for some #'s. It could handle nearly 1.6V I did change the stock fans to these and currently I have them in a pull only setup.

Last edited:
DAKz have a read of this article it may help you on the fan setup. As far as getting better cooling let me throw a curve at you. If you are getting the bug and really want to start pushing things, don't waste your time on an AIO unit other then the Swiftech H220. Even Johan is getting the itch to go full custom water. The H220 is expandable if you ever need to add additional radiators or blocks in the future. The other option is get into the water cooling section and read the stickies, there is a lot of useful information there, that you'll need to know if you do plan on go full custom. If you want to save some money, you can lurk Ebay and or if you hit 100 posts in this forum watch the classifieds. You can pick up some really good equipment at significantly discounted prices compared to new.

Ya you got me there Manny. The only thing that'll cure that itch is more water :screwy:

Oh its not so much a bug, and I have looked at some of the roll your own liquid builds on this site and very amazed at what I see, its not the technology that I doubt at all, its simply my skills at installing the system. I have the knowledge, etc, but as I have mentioned in this thread, my age...which I know my dexterity and eye sight isn't as good as it used to be thats where the fear of turning my new rig into a aquarium comes from....And in other news the lurking around ebay just scored a 120gb ssd for $76.
Hmmm 100 posts...guess I could "bump" mine 98 more times LOL. Thanks again for all the opinions, and I hope there isn't a cure for being bitten.

looking good start!

Well I got home tonight and figured its time to let the new system stretch its legs, so I went into the BIOS, which is a whole new learning curve set the cpu llc to extreme, disabled all the green stuff, and started my run.... Any suggestions here? Seems to be very stable, very cool, and to be honest I am very happy so far, but as was mentioned before I may have been bitten by the bug....:thup:

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    83.3 KB · Views: 78
Ok here's the 2nd run...

Not to bad, ran stable while stressing it, going to go stress it some more....

Attachments

• Capture45.PNG
    Capture45.PNG
    236 KB · Views: 71
Well I got home tonight and figured its time to let the new system stretch its legs, so I went into the BIOS, which is a whole new learning curve set the cpu llc to extreme, disabled all the green stuff, and started my run.... Any suggestions here? Seems to be very stable, very cool, and to be honest I am very happy so far, but as was mentioned before I may have been bitten by the bug....:thup:

That's where I am on my overclock.I have my llc set to extreme in the bios with all green stuff off.CPUz shows my core voltage at 1.29v.That is NOT correct.My overclock is set using the bios, and my cpu core voltage is 1.35v.I ran a prime 95 test today for a few hours, and max cpu temp reached 58C.I normally idle in the low 20's.That is a perfect overclock for this cpu.If I take it higher that 4.4g I have to up the juice, so I'm content.You will never stress this cpu like this in gaming.I stay in the high 40's, while gaming for hours.Its being running oc since day one, for the last 6 months. 24/7 with no issues. Enjoy :)

With the predicted single core performance improvements in steamroller cpu's, is something amd needs to get back in the race.I take benchmarks with a grain of salt.Upgrading the gpu is the key. For now the 6300 is a solid choice.The Steamroller and a GTX 770 should pick up where this leaves off.

Attachments

• clock.jpg
    clock.jpg
    480.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Back