• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help picking CPU cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Like already has been said, the 3 already mentioned are great choices. It all depends on your budget for cooling. If you are limited to around $40 max, the Xigmatec S1283 or the OCZ Vendetta 2 are your best choices. If you can go a bit more and don't mind lapping the base for best performance, the Thermalright TRUE is basically the best out there. But any of the 3 will do well for you.

The s1283 is a htd heat sink lapping it will destroy the heat pipes as they are not very thick.
You don't have to tell dicko that ;) he overdid an OCZ Vendetta 2 (I believe). But, if you are careful and start with a fine grit as opposed to a coarse grit, it can be done. Again, dicko successfully lapped a hdt hsf with improved temps as the result.

The s1283 is a htd heat sink lapping it will destroy the heat pipes as they are not very thick.

I have Lapped 2 x Xigmatec's and 1 x OCZ Vendetta 2 with no problems at all, just take it very easy and take your time. My temps dropped a fair bit after doing it on all of them.:clap:

You don't have to tell dicko that ;) he overdid an OCZ Vendetta 2 (I believe). But, if you are careful and start with a fine grit as opposed to a coarse grit, it can be done. Again, dicko successfully lapped a hdt hsf with improved temps as the result.

You mean this pic . It wasn't mine but shows what can happen if you go to far, I think they must have got a bit carried away for this to happen.:bang head
As chevro1et said if you do it right it is worth it.:thup:;)

Attachments

• OCZ BAD.jpg
    OCZ BAD.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 111
Back