• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5 new crunchers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alex99

I've just added 5 new crunchers. They're Win2K servers that I'm administering at work. All of them are dual P3 1100 Mhz Dell servers. They're all running SETI Spy as a service. All of them are only utilizing one of the 2 CPUs as I only see 50% CPU load. So I'm adding about 22-25 WUs per day for our team. Hopefully I'll get to manage these servers for a while, when they leave my hands, I'll have to uninstall SETI. Those of you ahead of me in our team, just watch out, here I come :).

Three of us are testing NetIQ on these servers. It's really in test environment. The servers are rarely utilized to anywhere near their capacity while in test env. But you guys bring up a good point. I was just too excited about it and went ahead and put it on them. I really doubt anyone would care that I do, but yes, I should ask my boss. Dang, I think I know what she's gonna say too. I'll just let it slide over the weekend.

Back