• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1035t OC'ed w/ 4 or 6 cores for gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So I tried the settings I mentioned in my last post which gave me 3.60 and I was stable w/ 51c max. I attempted to push the fsb to 292 this morning and got a BSoD within 2 mins. I lasted 36mins with x13 and a 285 fsb (3.705ish) but a x12.5 and 292 fsb (3.650) crashes right away. I looked at Dolks guide and saw that HT link should be dropped for stability and on Denebs voltage of 1.25 is good for a x13. Unsure if that voltage works for Thuban. In the image below I have just my ram and cpu-v tweaked. Do you guys think dropping the cpu-v a bit and increasing on of the nb voltages would help increase stability? If so which one cpu-nb vdd, cpu-nb v or nb v? I will try tweaking one of the voltages before I try and adjust the ht. If I do bring down the cpu-v and add just a bit of voltage to the nb it shouldn't increase temps too much should it?

Attachments

• IMG_1041.JPG
    IMG_1041.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 57
In general you don't lower VCore and raise CPU_NB voltage to get stability. 1.362Vcore on that cpu is probably about correct, if not just a shade low for over 3.6Ghz.
RGone...

In general you don't lower VCore and raise CPU_NB voltage to get stability. 1.362Vcore on that cpu is probably about correct, if not just a shade low for over 3.6Ghz.
RGone...

Well I was basing it off Dolks guide for the Denebs voltage of 1.25 with the x13. I might try dropping the vcore a bit and seeing if it is still stable because I think increasing the nb will surely add stability but with some heat and I am at 51c. Which voltage for the nb should I increase?

Well I was basing it off Dolks guide for the Denebs voltage of 1.25 with the x13. I might try dropping the vcore a bit and seeing if it is still stable because I think increasing the nb will surely add stability but with some heat and I am at 51c. Which voltage for the nb should I increase?

CPU_NB and not sure how it is labeled in that mobo bios. Could be called something else. Not the one that is already at 1.8V though.
RGone...

So the thread I based this OC off of which had 1333 ram and 1.36v mentioned that the temps were good up to 71c and I should try to keep below 65c. Is this true or am I smart to try and keep temps below high 50's? Also for the cpu_nb voltage how much should I bump it up by?

There are TWO temps we are interested in when dealing with AMD Deneb and Thuban processors as seen in HWMonitor. TWO temps.

1. CPU/Socket temp best kept to less than 62c on Deneb and Thuban.

2. Core/Package temp best kept to less than 55c on Deneb and Thuban.
RGone...

I dropped the voltage from 1.36 to 1.34 and ran for prob about 2 1/2 to 3 hours (lost track of time) and prime stopped working but no crash or spike in temps for the tmpin0 over 62c or cores of 51c. I will try again tomorrow under the same voltage and see what happens. If that doesn't work I will bump the voltage back to 1.36 and bump the cpu_nb up by the smallest increment allowed to test temps.

As I mentioned before I don't really want to spend too much more on cooling or anything in general for this build so would an sp120 or two in a push/pull config on the evo heatsink help much with core/socket temps?

Push / Pull on the EVO helps some folks. I think it depends on the orientation of the heatsink and fans. If blowing to the rear and into the fan exhausting at rear of the case...might help considerable.
RGone...

Waiting on a two pack of SP120's tomorrow so I can give it another go. Hopefully they drop the temps down a bit or it looks like I may have reached the limit on this cooler of 3.6ghz. If not I think I may be able to get it to 3.8ish with 4-5ish degree temp drop. Will be back with results after I've tested.

In BF4 you will see a small difference, in GW2 you won't since it's heavily single threaded.

The FX chips are the ones that are to keep under 61C, I don't remember a limit for the Phenom II's, I've had my X6 1090T (OC'd to 3.8 for 24/7) regularly hit 70C when gaming/benchmarking and it's still going strong, also using a Hyper 212+ on it.

Also OC'ing RAM won't net you that much either, best to just leave it as is (or set it to an XMP profile).

I've had my X6 1090T (OC'd to 3.8 for 24/7) regularly hit 70C when gaming/benchmarking and it's still going strong, also using a Hyper 212+ on it.

I started to quote this and see you changed that 75c to 70c before I could get the quote done. 75c or 70c which temp are you referring to? The CPU/Socket temp or the Core/Package temp. Big difference in which I would be worrying about and since there are two to consider, it is best to tell the newer user which you are referring to or give both.

70c on the socket/cpu temp would not be too bad for gaming or maybe benching but for a steady temp when doing loaded work; I would not want to see it and don't, not even on my FX processors at 4.8Ghz.

Recommended back in the day was Deneb 55c on the cores or some would go unstable. I think that more or less held to be true on many Thubans.
RGone.

The push/pull config with SP120's dropped my core temps about 19C down to 33C tops. The settings were 277 fsb and 1.36v. Bumped the fsb to 282 and cpu-nb to 1.26. Going to keep testing until I reach my heatwall again. I think I might hit it on the nb this time instead of the cpu/socket but that should be a easy fix if it needs to be cooled down right?

Current settings shown below with cpuv 1.362 cpu_nb 1.126 and an error after 5 mins. HT was dropped a bit so should I up that or add some more voltage? As for voltage should I up it on the cpu_nb or cpuv?

I was also stable with voltages above and fsb at 282. Bumped by 5 and errors came up. Confirmed that 62C is tops for thubans so I should be good on temps for a bit more.

Attachments

• 2014-01-16_192333.jpg
    2014-01-16_192333.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 2014-01-16_192402.jpg
    2014-01-16_192402.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 2014-01-16_192431.jpg
    2014-01-16_192431.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 32
  • 2014-01-16_192451.jpg
    2014-01-16_192451.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 32
Going to take more cpu voltage to get stable at 3.7Ghz. Most of those smaller multiplier Thubans tapped out at 3.6Ghz. The ones that went much further had over 1.4V on cpu at a minimum. That is looking at others of the same kind on air.
RGone...

How does checking your fsb limit work? I think it may be right where I am at. 287 fsb won't boot. 282 is stable and 285 is yet to be tested but I am on with it now. I bumped the voltage to 1.39ish if I remember correctly and that wasn't enough to boot 287.

I also found this and saw in another thread some guys using a 1090t with the same board were up to 1.4vcore and 1.3ish in cpu_nb so I will give those voltages a go tomorrow and see how much they warm up my chip. Might not be able to make it any higher with this cooler if I need 1.3v on the cpu_nb:(

Upped voltages; need more cooling in many cases and that is why there is always a limit in either voltage or temp that is reached and then no more adding to speed. I have yet to see two of the same processor IN the same board even, take the exact same settings. Close yes but seldom identical. That is why it is just about all trial and error end where the keyboard and motherboard are located.
RGone...

Bumped voltage to 1.413 and was stable with 287 fsb. Temps topped out at 56C after just over 3 hours. Tried 293 with the same voltage and got a bsod while running chrome for just under 10 mins (before I jumped onto prime). Might need more voltage but I think this might be it for me with this case (terrible wire management/airflow) and heatsink.

I took out a stick of ram yesterday when installing the sp120's and noticed it was a bit warm. My current settings for ram have already been posted along with screenshots in cpu-z. Think it might be possible to tweak the times and or drop the voltage a bit with the current timings? Could they help a bit with stability for my fsb set at 293 under the same voltage?

Thanks again though for the help even if I've reached my limits with my current hardware :)

So I still have a lot of questions regarding the OC I did. For starters how in the hell did this guy get a 1045t to 4.0ghz w/ only 1.375vcore and cpu_nb at 1.15v?

I can tell you a part of the how, when he writes this >> Usually at 4.0Ghz it would freeze instantly << freeze instantly on P95 Load does not sound like it was or is stable at the socalled 4.0Ghz. If you do not read these peeps posts pretty darn close...they will have one believe they have a big winner when the fine print says differently.
RGone...

Back