• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1035t OC'ed w/ 4 or 6 cores for gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
He mentions something about CPU current capacity. What is that?

His voltages of 1.332vcore and cpu_nb @ 1.150v with an htt of 296 were apparently running for about an hour. I was able to run my vcore around that but with the fsb in the high 270's and no other voltage tweaks.

alzerm, please try to understand two proceesors will not act or react the same.
trying to plug in someones numbers into another setup rearly works.
you have to move one setting at a time and test it.

I'm not trying to plug his numbers in I'm trying to figure out how he was able to use much lower voltages than I was on a similar chip. The 1045t has a multi of 13.5 and I have a 13. I just trying to see if tweaking ram and or increase other voltages will allow me to drop my vcore a bit.

Do you guys know what CPU current capacity is?

Edit: I looked into a bit more and it seems like it's on Asus boards? Apparently it enables one to OC with lower voltages but with overall higher power draw to the board? Unsure if I am understanding it right.

My other question was regarding my ram. How exactly does changing the timings and voltage OC it? Does that just allow one to run the ram at higher freqs? For example, I have my 1333 @ 1.65v and timings of 7-7-7-21-33 1t. Will this allow me to run my ram at higher freqs than 1333 stable?

Last edited:
Bumped voltage to 1.413 and was stable with 287 fsb. Temps topped out at 56C after just over 3 hours. Tried 293 with the same voltage and got a bsod while running chrome for just under 10 mins (before I jumped onto prime). Might need more voltage but I think this might be it for me with this case (terrible wire management/airflow) and heatsink.

I took out a stick of ram yesterday when installing the sp120's and noticed it was a bit warm. My current settings for ram have already been posted along with screenshots in cpu-z. Think it might be possible to tweak the times and or drop the voltage a bit with the current timings? Could they help a bit with stability for my fsb set at 293 under the same voltage?

Thanks again though for the help even if I've reached my limits with my current hardware :)

The board and chip do not like the memory divider chosen for high bus clocks. You should be able to hit 300 bus NP with that set up.

So you think I might need higher freqs on my ram?

No because that ram is not high speed Ram. In fact it's top speed is 1333 and anything past that is an overclock. Since I'm not familiar with G-Skill Ram, I'd say it's probably good for up to 1600mhz, but you'll need to loosen timings and possibly raise voltage to do so. Since this may take away from stability, we may want to investigate what your ram is made of, what dividers it likes with the cpu and how far it can go on stock voltage and timings.

Personally, I'd ditch that Ram for something a little better. So if and when you upgrade to FX, you'll be able to run 1866mhz ram.

For now we should start with Cpu-z's - cpu mem and spd tab to start with.

No because that ram is not high speed Ram. In fact it's top speed is 1333 and anything past that is an overclock. Since I'm not familiar with G-Skill Ram, I'd say it's probably good for up to 1600mhz, but you'll need to loosen timings and possibly raise voltage to do so. Since this may take away from stability, we may want to investigate what your ram is made of, what dividers it likes with the cpu and how far it can go on stock voltage and timings.

Personally, I'd ditch that Ram for something a little better. So if and when you upgrade to FX, you'll be able to run 1866mhz ram.

For now we should start with Cpu-z's - cpu mem and spd tab to start with.

Sweet. Will def check that out real quick. By loosen you mean higher timings right?

Sweet. Will def check that out real quick. By loosen you mean higher timings right?

Like 7-7-7 to 8-8-8-16-24 1T 1.5v @ 1333 and beyond and see if it can clock up to 800(1600).

Start over from 200 and try with the stock multiplier. Keep your NB/HT speeds low so we can see how the memory does.

Find some time to stability test your settings along the way.

After I set those timings do I just change the divider? NB/HT close to 2k right?

After I set those timings do I just change the divider? NB/HT close to 2k right?

No the divider is an alternative option. You lower that and maintain the same timings to further increase bus at your current clocks, or loosen the timings at current clocks and increase bus frequency but leave the divider where it's at.

Since I'm not sure what your running at this second, I suggested to try starting over again at 200 bus clocks.

What I currently have that is stable is as follows

fsb 285
nb 2280
ht 1995
ram 1:2 1140 w/ 7-7-7-21-33 1t @ 1.65v
vcore 1.413

What I currently have that is stable is as follows

fsb 285
nb 2280
ht 1995
ram 1:2 1140 w/ 7-7-7-21-33 1t @ 1.65v
vcore 1.413

Does it need 1.65v at this setting to be stable? If so, I don't like your Ram at all.

Does it need 1.65v at this setting to be stable? If so, I don't like your Ram at all.

Well I booted with it at 1.55v. Should I run a stability test for my ram specifically or just try out prime?

Back