• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

45C-50C Mobile XP 2500 at 2.16GHZ Too Hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kurt M.

Registered
My CPU temps seem to run in the middle to upper 40's. I'm running the XP2500M at 180/12 = 2.16GHZ. I'm using a lapped SLK-900A with a 92mm Vantec Stealth and Arctic Ceramique. Am I OK at these temps? I can't take any noise so more case fans or a jet airplane like cooler fan are out of the question.

doesn't sound like a problem to me but fan speed controllers work great if you want better cooling (isn't the vantec stealth really loud anyways) . I have 3 fan controllers, if im gaming or doing heavy load stuff i just turn it up. Right now it's all the way down and I can't even hear my computer. =)

I have a 2500m that runs about 50c at 1.75v. With the same system my 3 2400m at the same voltage run about 42c. Not sure why but i know what your talking about.

The Stealth isn't really loud by it's not as "stealthy" as I might have expected. I might try an Panaflow instead. I could get a variable speed fan.

Firebuster: You're running 1.775 on your mobile. Hmmm that seems high for the mobile. I'm running 1.6V core. I can't get the system to stay stable with certain apps. when I run a 200MHZ FSB that's why I backed off to 180. Maybe the higher core voltage is the ticket but I thought temps would go through the roof.

Thanks guys. Looks like I'm OK.

My 2400m needs 1.75 to hit 2.3 and it runs 42c with the same setup. This chip runs hotter and needs this much vcore to hit 2.4 which is still not quite stable.

A question along the same lines, now I may be misunderstanding this but the higher the Vcore you use the less lifetime the proc will have right? Or does it only matter if you let it run at an unsafe temperature?

I need a 1.95 Vcore on my setup to hit 2600 Mhz, I run at about 50-51C, although I can squeeze a few extra degrees off by turning up my turbine (Volcano 12). Would you say that is safe to last for a little while, any estimates on how long a proc setup like that would run before it went south?

How long do you consider a little while?
It would probably last 1-3 years, maybe more. You can never know

Back