• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8320fx overclock revisited

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
W/C probably about 400Mhz better cpu clock and still be "stable".

+1 at least 400mhz. And in that link Rgone is about 800mhz over air.

@op, how does that chip act as a 6 core cpu (in the meantime while you investigate wc) shut down a couple and see if you can carry a higher overclock. Would be beneficial for gaming even if you shut down 4 cores, unless your gaming is scaling past the 4 of course.

I dont do much on mine but surf the net
I know my pc is way over kill but for me its a hobby
I like overclocking just to see what i can get
I have no issue with a custom wc setup but I want it to be worth the cost
Everyone tells me that a 2x120 is plenty but I dont think that would be much more than air
With my case what would you recormend?

mtdewcowboy, I had my Water setup in my Blackhawk for a while. I just hung the radiator on the back of the case. I bought all my parts used either here or on Ebay for around $150.00, for the 8350 it was the best purchase I could make. If you only went with a 240 rad you could probably mount it in front of the PSU, that's if you're not using the lower HD cages.

mtdewcowboy, I had my Water setup in my Blackhawk for a while. I just hung the radiator on the back of the case. I bought all my parts used either here or on Ebay for around $150.00, for the 8350 it was the best purchase I could make. If you only went with a 240 rad you could probably mount it in front of the PSU, that's if you're not using the lower HD cages.

How big of a rad and what speed and temps?
I knew you had the same case as me
And Rgone I wish to see your wc setup if thats ok?
Not looking to go mainstream but add my own taste

I bought the setup in my signature, 360 rad w/6 fans, pump, tubing, compression fittings and reservoir. I run 24/7 @ 4.7 and depending on the ambient temps under full load I'm usually around 45c on the package and low 50's on the socket. I've run as high as 5.4 and have it stable 2 hours prime blend up to 5.1.

@OP, how does that chip act as a 6 core cpu (in the meantime while you investigate wc) shut down a couple and see if you can carry a higher overclock. Would be beneficial for gaming even if you shut down 4 cores, unless your gaming is scaling past the 4 of course.

I never thought about doing that :bang head
It is worth a try till I get the wc setup all planed out

@OP, how does that chip act as a 6 core cpu (in the meantime while you investigate wc) shut down a couple and see if you can carry a higher overclock. Would be beneficial for gaming even if you shut down 4 cores, unless your gaming is scaling past the 4 of course.

I am able to go 6 cores to 4.8Ghz :attn:
I wish my hwmonitor showed each core temp to see which cores I should disable

I am able to go 6 cores to 4.8Ghz :attn:
I wish my hwmonitor showed each core temp to see which cores I should disable

When you begin screwing with the individual cores turning on and off, there is nothing software wise that can read the core temp. CoreTemp, RealTemp, ScrewTemps and anything. Same as when you went to enable locked cores on the 2 core and 3 core Denebs, locking and disabling kills the in core temp sensor.
RGone...

When you begin screwing with the individual cores turning on and off, there is nothing software wise that can read the core temp. CoreTemp, RealTemp, ScrewTemps and anything. Same as when you went to enable locked cores on the 2 core and 3 core Denebs, locking and disabling kills the in core temp sensor.
RGone...

In HWmonitor..... isn't the "package temp" core 0 core temperature? I seem to recall the 6100 only having this temp sensor even while all cores where running. Not sure if that was because HWMonitor was out of date maybe?

I am moving on with wc setup 3x120 rad setup
I like my 8 cores all running
Changing out some stock case fans to lighted ones to match the others
I can run 4.3Ghz right now all cores on air
If my chip is good I should get to 5Ghz on water if not np I will have a quiet system

If my chip is good I should get to 5Ghz on water if not np I will have a quiet system
Getting to 5.0 and running there 24/7 is two totally different things. The amount of heat these things generate to the gained real speed, at those clocks even with a good H20 setup is generally not worth it. I find my 4.7 OC the sweet spot for my chip, going over that I really need to start shoveling in the Cpu V to get it stable. As I've said before I have mine stable up to 5.1 but it takes a crapload of voltage to run there.

For everyday use I will keep it around 4.3Ghz
The 5Ghz will be for benching and brag rights
I dont have a need to run it that high for everyday use
The wc loop should help keep temps low on the lower clock plus have space to oc more
Can you say overkill lol

The 5Ghz will be for benching and brag rights
Well if you want benching and brag rights, you're gonna have to push harder then 5.0. Check out some of the frequency's run on HWBOT under H2O. Welcome to the Rodeo! :D

Well if you want benching and brag rights, you're gonna have to push harder then 5.0. Check out some of the frequency's run on HWBOT under H2O. Welcome to the Rodeo! :D

Here's a sample of some Wprime , it has me and Manny in there. This is a quick run bench so frequencies can be a bit higher. WPrime32m

I will see what I can get on my 8320 tonight on air
You guys all have 8350's so your clocks should get more

Back