• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8320fx overclock revisited

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is prime for over 2 hrs
4.9 takes afew more bumps of Vcore
I have tried more fsb less multi and vise versa
I am sure I will get there just need to look at everything and double check settings

That is prime for over 2 hrs
4.9 takes afew more bumps of Vcore
I have tried more fsb less multi and vise versa
I am sure I will get there just need to look at everything and double check settings

4.8Ghz is a good round number for 24/7 use with the low Vcore and pretty good temps you have. U don't say how much more Vcore it takes to get stable at 4.9Ghz or more but you just sort of have to find a good compromise between temps, voltage and noise from radiator fans.

As for the FSB or multiplier or both...I use the FSB to adjust the overclock on my ram which is pretty much overclockable to DDR3-2000 since I use G Skill Ares DDR3-1866 ram and it all just seems to function fine there with a 4.8Ghz speed on the air I am on right now. I don't have to loosen my ram timings when overclocked. If I had to do so it would not be worth clocking the ram up.
Luck man.
RGone...:)

4.8Ghz is a good round number for 24/7 use with the low Vcore and pretty good temps you have. U don't say how much more Vcore it takes to get stable at 4.9Ghz or more but you just sort of have to find a good compromise between temps, voltage and noise from radiator fans.

As for the FSB or multiplier or both...I use the FSB to adjust the overclock on my ram which is pretty much overclockable to DDR3-2000 since I use G Skill Ares DDR3-1866 ram and it all just seems to function fine there with a 4.8Ghz speed on the air I am on right now. I don't have to loosen my ram timings when overclocked. If I had to do so it would not be worth clocking the ram up.
Luck man.

The Ares 1866 2x8GB that I had didn't like to OC much past 1900 Mhz. But the Ripjaws I replaced it with goes over 2200 without a problem.

The Ares 1866 2x8GB that I had didn't like to OC much past 1900 Mhz. But the Ripjaws I replaced it with goes over 2200 without a problem.

What kind of performance numbers can you pull out of AIDA? If can get your hands on it and run some memory benchmarks I would be overjoyed :thup:
I've been fiddling with my memory settings and can not really see no reason to run over 1866Mhz

Luck man.

Here is the 4.9 with a few bumps in Vcore :shock:
4.9.PNG

4.9-1.PNG

For the record please no one look at this and think its ok to run yours this high, I do as I wish but its mine to break. Also I have good water cooling setup

MTDCB, I guess you have one of the 8320s that shows off why it is not an 8350 or even a 9xxx series. They dropped that into the 8320 bin because it took too much Vcore to run faster speeds. You don't often get to see the classic example of an FX-8320 Vs an FX-8350 but you can with that cpu you have.

Of course we don't need 4.9Ghz plus for most daily use. I drop mine back now days to 4.3Ghz or maybe 4.5Ghz and only jump up to my 4.8Ghz video editting speed...when I actually do video editting now. Most of my use just is a waste of speed and the heat it brings.

Good show man pushing it on up there and now you know more of what it will do. Congrats man.
RGone...

For the record please no one look at this and think its ok to run yours this high, I do as I wish but its mine to break. Also I have good water cooling setup
I love the disclaimer!

MTDCB said:

I love the disclaimer!

You know though man that is one of the things I have liked about working with MTDCB is that he seems amenable and has a head on his shoulders and has spent the time to get a grip on the process and still seem to recognize reality.
RGone...

MTDCB, I guess you have one of the 8320s that shows off why it is not an 8350 or even a 9xxx series. They dropped that into the 8320 bin because it took too much Vcore to run faster speeds. You don't often get to see the classic example of an FX-8320 Vs an FX-8350 but you can with that cpu you have.

Of course we don't need 4.9Ghz plus for most daily use. I drop mine back now days to 4.3Ghz or maybe 4.5Ghz and only jump up to my 4.8Ghz video editting speed...when I actually do video editting now. Most of my use just is a waste of speed and the heat it brings.

Good show man pushing it on up there and now you know more of what it will do. Congrats man.
RGone...

It's funny you say that since his 8320 scales about the same as my 8350, that V_Core is right on par with what mine was for 4.9 stability. I knew they named it wrong, I knew it.
Good work though MDCB :thup:

At 5 I really have add Vcore so thats where I said enough
Now benching I push it on up there past 5 as long as temps hold

That's the way to do it Cowboy. Yee Haw lasso.gif

I could push mine to 5.2 for things like Cinebench on an AIO so you should have a bit more headroom with that big azz rad.

I toilet you guys he had a hang of the ID of what to dew. Hehehe.
RGone...sterzzzzzzzzz:clap:

It's getting hard to keep up RGone is that your southern drawl or your Texan twang. :shrug:

It probably wasn't the only thing that rubbed off on ya. :rofl::shock::rofl:

It probably wasn't the only thing that rubbed off on ya. :rofl::shock::rofl:

I only in retrospect have a clue of what went down with that wife. U member bout the screwing wife and the un-screwing RGone? Well that was another case of the same. That was one FINE woman and married to one GIANT jackAss of a husband.

I guess that is why I try to be more patient with some of these guys. I had it good and no clue of it. Now I try to be a little bit nicer.
RGone...ster. :D

I guess that is why I try to be more patient with some of these guys. I had it good and no clue of it. Now I try to be a little bit nicer.
RGone...ster.
I guess it goes with the saying you don't know what you got till it's gone. I keep trying to remind my wife of that. :D

I think I just need to go water cooled
I have good flow through the case even removed hdd cages
At 4.3Ghz temps are good 58 & 49

I have the same CPU except Black Edition. With my lowly Corsair H50 water I'm getting 4.6 with max temp of 55 after about an hour and a half of P95 blended. Looks like you've topped your air out. With a better water setup than mine you may get close to 5Ghz. I'm going to design my own water rig and try for more when I get time.

Back