• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

990FX-UD3 REV 4 bios F3 Weird OC results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep , I'd bumpt the memory volts to 1.55 and add .01 to the NBCore and test if no improvement then add a bit again. The NBCore is sensitive to voltage. Too much can also effect performance so you may need to drop a bit but I would test it with adding first.

dram voltage 1.62v

Now
Nb core voltage 1.215 ->1.25 No boot at all
Nbcore voltage 1.26->1.3 L3 cache latency 50+
Nbcore voltage 1.3125->1.33 cache latency 45+ bellow 50 every time
Nbcore voltage 1.34-1.35 cache latency ~43

How much i can push it ?

Yep , I'd bumpt the memory volts to 1.55 and add .01 to the NBCore and test if no improvement then add a bit again. The NBCore is sensitive to voltage. Too much can also effect performance so you may need to drop a bit but I would test it with adding first.

I tried dram voltage 1.6voltage is the sweet spot

Now for nb core voltage
I tried 1.35-1.40 43+
I tried 1.425 41~
I tried 1.45 41~again
Now ram latency
1-3-1.4 60~65s
At 1.425 i got 55-59s from 7 runs

I am very confused about the results that i got .

Extra isn't always better, just more heat.

Finding you best efficiency takes time and patience with the ram and IMC. I spend a lot of time doing it myself. I usually use OC software so I can adjust things while in windows but for me every nanosecond counts. Adjusting the ram voltage will do the same, then on the other hand you need stability.Testing , testing ,testing. that's all I can say.

I will give my best try .

Xm i will try higher gram voltage and then lower . To see what up ...

How did you managed to get it at that low latency . Yeah of course you have 2500mhz ram . Ok

Finding you best efficiency takes time and patience with the ram and IMC. I spend a lot of time doing it myself. I usually use OC software so I can adjust things while in windows but for me every nanosecond counts. Adjusting the ram voltage will do the same, then on the other hand you need stability.Testing , testing ,testing. that's all I can say.

Yes and NB at almost 3000 clock speed 52xx everything plays a part.

Here's another with different ram. Remember too that I just do this for benching, it has nothing to do with stability but all about getting the best possible score you can. As you can tell by that zero that it wasn't quite stable.

5438bf0c_aida8.jpeg

Finding you best efficiency takes time and patience with the ram and IMC. I spend a lot of time doing it myself. you need stability.Testing , testing ,testing. that's all I can say.

It is the personal testing at your own keyboard that cannot be stressed enough. While there are a wide set of general guides to use to begin one's own tweaking journey the flag for the end is almost exclusively centered around each individual system and that systems response to tweaking. No hand holding there but only time and effort with our own rigs to sort it all out. This cannot be stressed as greatly as it is in actual truth.

RGone...

I ve spent quite some time . I ended up that something is wrong ether with the motherboard or cpu . After many ours of testing at 4.5 ghz I thought that i was going somewhere with NB CORE VOLTAGE . No not at all .....i did some test and NB CORE VOLTAGE at 1.375 gave me the best L3 cache latency (that what i thought ) and i gave up living it at that number and DRAM VOLTAGE 1.6V.

I shutdown the computer and came back after 4 hours . I opened the computer as always and for curiosity i test again with AIDA ,same setting NBCORE 1.375 DRAM 1.6V.

I expected the L3 CACHE to be low after all these test .And bam l3 cache 50s AGAIN .After closing all the background programs run Again 3-4 times 50s again and again

With the settings that i managed to get l3 cache latency down to 40s it gave me 50 again .Like nothing have changed .

I thought that the BIOS lost the settings and no the setting where OK .

Is there any chance that my cpu or Mobo are faulty so that why i have L3 CACHE LATENCY SO HIGH ?

Can anyone post a number of a 8320/8350 4.5ghz AIDA MEMORY TEST just for reference ?

It is the personal testing at your own keyboard that cannot be stressed enough. While there are a wide set of general guides to use to begin one's own tweaking journey the flag for the end is almost exclusively centered around each individual system and that systems response to tweaking. No hand holding there but only time and effort with our own rigs to sort it all out. This cannot be stressed as greatly as it is in actual truth.

RGone...

Could be the difference between a hot chip and a cold one. Things run different when they get warm.

Last edited:
First of all thanks for the reply .

just for the record what setting you use to to go at 4.4ghz ?
As for Memory latency we have about the same like RGone. I dint know that you can use the same code with a newer version .

The results was deferent than 4.20 version .

L1 CACHE L2 CACHE L3 CACHE and memory benchmark

For example 4.20 Memomry copy was 26000
5.20 memory copy was 23000

??????????????

It can change quite a bit depending on which version you're using. Have seen this before. Most benchmarks do the same.

Thanks for all your help and your replies .

As far as i am stable on IBT i will quit testing for latency . I am tired as for now and disappointed that i couldn't get it where i wanted to .

Another important think is here we have 32 degrees now and i will have to lower my OC .

Thank again

It can change quite a bit depending on which version you're using. Have seen this before. Most benchmarks do the same.

FX 6300 w/ 3 cores disable @ 4850Mhz, 2305Mhz NB, 2156Mhz RAM @ 9-11-10-28
Aida.PNG
Few days ago I got 51ns L3 cache....
Honestly, I wouldn't really worry about a few nano-seconds.

Back