• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alienware has finally gone to watercooling.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
omfg_copy1.jpg

:attn: thats insane..

they are flat nuts, 11,000 , thats a downpayment on a house. But did u guys see the new dual vidcard machine they came out with????? It uses 2 5950xt's that are ....pci expresss. It was at E3 and theres reviews all over the net about it. http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=43

This looks pretty cool to me and they say it has 50% more power that what were playing with today. They dont have a price but im guessing its gonna be real cheap like 22,500 and first born child. and yea thats def a koolance setup, they reviewed it on tech-tv and it has a p4EE clocked at 3.6.

I saw in another thread where a guy found a pump for $20!!! HAA HAA

$22,500 that is like $75 top watercooling kits!!

its probably above average but not great.
no actualy it would be below average for a standard home made WC system

the only thing really nice about the systems are the custom bodies which actualy have lots of functionality. the components like the hard drives are nice but it isnt anything you cant get on your own

Crazy... tax = new computer and the boxes the items come in better be gold plated with suspensions and shock absorbers...

Attachments

• Alienware.jpg
    Alienware.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 350
Alienware is way overpriced we all know that. But this system is built for the oo's and ahh's of the person that just wants to show off that he/she has the best rig that money can buy. It’s for the type of person that wants the best most innovative thing but lacks the imagination to conceive it and the skills to build it.

Also, the addition of water cooling setup further shows us that the Alienware was built for overclocking because the P4 version comes with the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard which is the easiest mb to o/c. The use of that motherboard is further proof that the Alienware was built for the noob who desires to have the best.

Cerberus2k7 said:
Does anyone know the type of WC setup voodoo uses?

I believe voodoo uses a totally different/custom design. There are a few pictures of it in some issues of Maximum PC.

Jason Hilton said:
you guys need to check this out: http://www.go-l.com/desktops/machl38/cooling/index.htm

For the low price of $3,999. lol
i think most people have seen that, it's supposedly a scam or at least a ripoff
as far as alienware liquid cooling goes, alienwares are nice, trust me i have one, but a DIY system is tons better, my "alienware" is now 70% my own upgrades, which cost me abour $500, while the original comp cost me $3500

Wow...
Still pretty sub-par. I like the functionality of their design though.
If they were smart, they'd release an upgrade kit for alienware owners who want an ALX on their case.

However, I'll stand by my reasoning that if you're on these forums, you're probably better off building and watercooling your own custom rig. What's the fun in buying a rig thousands of other people have?

The thing that everyone needs to realize, though, is that Alienware covers these systems under warranty.

Let's read that statement again, slower. Alienware covers these systesm under warranty.

They are obviously not targeted at people like us. Yes, we could build something superior for less money. Also, those $23,000 systems include high-end workstation graphics cards with two or four 30"+ LCD monitors.

When a company such as Alienware puts out a watercooled system, with water and expensive electronics in the same box, and then puts a warranty on it, they have to expect to take a huge hit (around 20%-25%) on warranty issues. Therefore they price higher. Imagine building a WC setup for that n00b that we all know.

The guy who can break a computer without touching it. He looks at it and it crashes. I'm sure we all know at least one. As the owner/operator of a computer repair business, I know several. There is no way in hell that I would warranty a WC setup for that guy without chargin him enough to cover a whole new setup (MB, CPU, RAM, and vid card) because there is an 80% chance that he will **** it up.

Alienware is doing the same thing. They are covering their a**es so that when systems come back due to user retardedness, they can repair them without losing their shirts.

And the n00bs will come in flocks to buy them.

I must agree, the Alienware systems are bad value for money. However, for people with money to burn, they will be a good introduction into sub-average watercooling. That Alienware is supplying a warrenty with the system is excellent.

For some reason I fail to understand why the industry has latched onto Apple introducting watercooling (not even REAL watercooling) and not recognising Alienware, considering Alienware announced it before Apple.

On another note, neat $800 SHIPPING for that $22k system is.... insane. You could build a GREAT system for just $800....

Last edited:
Back