• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 965 Newbie Oc help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dicksnjoe,
I am sorry for all the static here. If you can cut to the chase (no pun intented), I'm thinking we can get this issue resolved without much trouble or without having to de-tune your ram.

As I said from the beginning, the one setting we are working and focusing on is the memory voltage. If we need to go back to 1333, that's an easy thing to do. But we might as well give it a shot at the current setting of 1600. Better performance and better overall memory throughput, as well

Please go into your bios and change DRAM voltage control from 1.480v to the correct voltage of 1.650v.

If its stable, we can go back in try tightening up the timings, but one thing at a time.

Since your memory needs the proper voltage to run correctly at the desired speed, we need to make sure that's up to spec. Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions.

Everything retested to default. The common occurrence of BSOD was pissing me off.

So guys, please help me from beginning again! thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu:shock:

My suggestion would be to set everything back to where you were last stable along with the ram speed and voltage and see where you are then.

Ok, but before we go any farther:

Is the RAM the Corsair that was linked above?

If so, please set your RAM voltage to 1.65v.

Yup! ram voltage set to 1.65.

What's next??
I don't plan to overclock my video card btw.
thank youu

What's next??
I don't plan to overclock my video card btw.
thank youu

Yah..the cpu is currently at stock speed. What do you recommend? My cpu fan is also stock.

Good. And s-c is right, with the stock cooler you will hit a wall with CPU temps pretty soon. Hyper 212 is a good choice. I'm using it's cousin the EVO, also a good choice. Once you start messing with some other voltages we might have to deal with cooling issues for the VRMs in addition to better cooling for the CPU, but don't worry about it for now.

In the meantime (if you wanted to) we could see if that RAM will run at 1600.

You were getting blue screens at <1.50v to the RAM. Without changing anything else, you could see if the RAM will take the x8 multi now that you have the correct voltage. Don't mess with the timings or do anything with the FSB.

Also, what are you using for a PSU?

That PSU should be fine.

You may also want to create a sig with your system specs. You can do that by going to user cp, Edit Signature. Just makes it easier for us to help.

Oh yeah... Did you try the 8x multi?

Last edited:
Back