• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX-8350 Vishera vs Cool Master Hyper 212 Plus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO
Hey guys, helping someone build a rig and my question was will the Hyper 212 Plus since the EVO is sold out on the egg, (Egg prefer) has enough adequate air cooling to cool a FX-8350?

I didn't see anyone mention this about the Fx 8xxx cpu's, so I'll add it. They run hot, now I've never owned a 6 core Phenom. So I can't really say how much hotter, if any. Though the majority of us here that have them and start overclocking the Fx's, usually realize that they require big cooling, CM 212 need not apply here!

C_D that runs real applications on his FX's and does it for days on end, he has three-fan rads and 6 fans in push-pull to keep his FX-8350 within some form of heat limit when overclocked. Not sure what is used on his FX-6300 when he pushes it but I believe I remember it as having at least a three-fan radiator as well. Such is the reason why CM 212 coolers need not apply for keeping even a 6 core cool, WHEN the workload gets heavy. Gaming is one thing but work is that plus another half or so of heat to deal with. HOT is the story if pushed and worked.

If your friend is not going to overclock his/her FX8350 the CM212 cooler should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake4565 View Post
I didn't see anyone mention this about the Fx 8xxx cpu's, so I'll add it. They run hot, now I've never owned a 6 core Phenom. So I can't really say how much hotter, if any. Though the majority of us here that have them and start overclocking the Fx's, usually realize that they require big cooling, CM 212 need not apply here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGone View Post
C_D that runs real applications on his FX's and does it for days on end, he has three-fan rads and 6 fans in push-pull to keep his FX-8350 within some form of heat limit when overclocked. Not sure what is used on his FX-6300 when he pushes it but I believe I remember it as having at least a three-fan radiator as well. Such is the reason why CM 212 coolers need not apply for keeping even a 6 core cool, WHEN the workload gets heavy. Gaming is one thing but work is that plus another half or so of heat to deal with. HOT is the story if pushed and worked.

If your friend is not going to overclock his/her FX8350 the CM212 cooler should be fine.

"neo668", I had forgotten over the course of time and many posts, just how close together most of us were on the HEAT put out by pushed FX 6 and 8 core processors. They actually get some kind of h0t and then it comes down to really really good cooling meaning often a custom water loop and then you have to get air in and out of the case and means the case cannot be a toy either.

FX's stock can and will run cooler with a CM 212 Plus over the stock cooler for sure, but the overclock is limited and the horse power of the FX cpus are there when overclocked.
RGone...ster.

Thanks guys. There will be no overclocking what so ever. It's a budgeted build and have around $200-$250 maybe $300 max for a cpu + mobo combo. The FX seems to me to be the best buy for performance. We're looking to fit this all in in a NZXT 410 case with the stock fans included. It seemed for the price range it was the best one that felt had adequate intake cooling compared to the others.

Not too familiar with AMD components but if there's anything out there that is faster within budget limits, pls let us know. Thanks again.

Just a suggestion. For $300, and below, I would get the latest i5 with a B or H mobo. I've never owned a FX cpu but I believe the i5 would feel much faster than a FX8350 at stock. As RGone said: "..the horse power of the FX cpus are there when overclocked". I've built quite a few i5 systems and I feel they are much more responsive than the 1090T system I have. Besides, you can even use the stock i5 cooler if you are not going to do any overclocking. Save the money for some other goodies.

Thanks guys. There will be no overclocking what so ever. It's a budgeted build and have around $200-$250 maybe $300 max for a cpu + mobo combo. The FX seems to me to be the best buy for performance. We're looking to fit this all in in a NZXT 410 case with the stock fans included. It seemed for the price range it was the best one that felt had adequate intake cooling compared to the others.

Not too familiar with AMD components but if there's anything out there that is faster within budget limits, pls let us know. Thanks again.

You never really mentioned what the system was fot GTX, but unless they "need" the 8 cores for multithreaded software, I would suggest an FX-6350 paired with an ASUS M5A99FX pro r2. I had this combo up to 4.6 easily with the CMV-8 topped at 45c. This was in a roomy Antec1200. And it was summertime.

Its a gaming PC but he also does fraps while gaming and all the other stuff we all do. He will also have a extra monitor I told him to hold on to for dual screen, one for gaming and other for desktop. He already has purchased the Seasonic 750w PSU (I know Overkill but he might add another GPU in the future he was saying and it was one of the best deals) and a Asus 1080p screen. He got those a few days ago at really good pricing. We're just looking to fit the rest in, in a around $1200 budget. The Radeon 280s are sold out and we were looking at the ones that gave BF4 as a bonus. The i5 + Z87 mb costs too much. Not sure the difference from Z, B and H. I always thought Z were the ones to get. He would like to run say for example BF4 @ high/ultra settings @ 1080p. The other games won't be as demanding as BF4 that he plays so I know he won't have an issue.

Some of this stuff was changed because the other stuff sold out. He's not buying it all at once but part by part. The only things he's looking to buy are the ones that have the most discount.

Correction: The FX8350 and MB deal are gone. It was $30 off and another $10 mail in rebate. It was around $320. I can't find any CPU+MB combo deals atm on the egg and he prefers to buy all that there. If we can add a i5 with a nice board for his gaming concerns that would be great. And he needs a good affordable wireless nic.

Already purchased:

Seasonic 760w

ASUS 23.6" LED LCD

Looking to purchase:

Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

Seagate SSD (Looking to purchase these today because of the Black Deals before they disappear)

Crucial Ballistix 8GB (Looking to purchase these today because of the Black Deals before they disappear)

NZXT 410 Elite

CPU Cooler CM Plus or EVO (Which ever is available or affordable AIO)

CPU ??

MB ??

GPU ??

Any input or changes are greatly appreciated from you guys.

Last edited:
whats the budget for cpu, mobo and gpu?

Total budget is $1200. He might be able to go passed $1200 a little. So $260 has been spent already on the Screen and PSU. That leaves with $940 left.

That GPU seems too weak. It will be outdated soon. Lots of games are close to hitting 2GB of Vram @ 1080p if not already hitting it. Looking for a system/GPU that he can keep without updating for 3-5 years.

Those are just BF4 dog tags. Not the actual game.

As for the CPU, is that equivalent to a new i5 or i3?

d1nky, can i ask you why you never answer my PM's to you, did you recieve my message about the Overclocking Event???? :eh?: :confused:

As for GTX JACK i said a FX 6300 plus a good solid motherboard, so will see what the reply will be.;) :thup:

Respect,

AJ.

sorry man! pm'd ya! one was a quote of yours with no text i thought was spam lol!

id take i5 build over a 6300 anyday! IMO

If your friend is going to go crossfire or SLI in future, make sure that the 2 PCI-E slots on the mobo are far enough apart. My mobo can do crossfire/SLI but after inserting an R9 280X I could see that another 280X just won't fit in the 2nd PCI-E slot. The new generation of graphic cards are much thicker than before.

go with a 6300 over an 8350 for gamming, it's just that much less to have to cool.
the games I play perfer higher clocks to number of cores and they also perfer video card over cpu other than flight sim 10.

looking out 3 years, this socket is dead now.

GTXJackBauer, just a heads up, if you have read through this thread it seems as if some of the XFX and Powercooler 290's can be BIOS flashed to 290x's.

Looking to purchase:

Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

Seagate SSD (Looking to purchase these today because of the Black Deals before they disappear)

Crucial Ballistix 8GB (Looking to purchase these today because of the Black Deals before they disappear)

NZXT 410 Elite

CPU Cooler CM Plus or EVO (Which ever is available or affordable AIO)

CPU ??

MB ??

GPU ??

Any input or changes are greatly appreciated from you guys.
Why pro? unless you need over 16gb ram that is a waste
OS: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986 - $80 with promo code
Cooler: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065 - hyper 212 + $25
GPU/ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1490795 $192 before $40 rebate
perfectly reasonable for a single 1080p display
CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1488739 i5 ivy bridge $200 + free mouse pad
mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157330 $94
case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352021 - $75 (your case choice has a lot of shipping)

Looks like we're going to try to push for the i5 + MB next month or beginning of next year along with the GPU. He just bought a SSD since the 2 we found back to back kept selling out each different day and the one we found seem to be the cheapest one. He bought it and didn't want to take any chances.

Back