• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX9590 beeps but doesn´t shows post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pablorz007

Registered
Hello mates. I didn't feel like this bad for some long time :(

My configuration is in the signature. The only change, I installed a FX9590.

The PC seems to start, it beeps, then makes nothing, doesn't shows BIOS, anything.
I dont know what else to tell.
My PC was running excelent with my fx8350. But i wanted to try a change.
Before I shut down last time i forgot to let the Bios settings y default. I changed de CPU, I started the PC and nothing.
I thought, OK y erase the BIOS Config, cmos, and it would start. i Cleared CMOS. But anyway, didnt work.
I think my PSU is enough.

Can you help me in this situation??

Regards :cry:

Reseat the RAM and cards. I once had a strange problem before where the BIOS gave the normal single short bleep, meaning it's good to go, but then nothing else happens.

Dear I’m Sorry for the late response. I had a lot of Work, and some problems.

I had the latest BIoS rev.

The CPU I bought used. So that was a problem (finally seemed to be ok), the thing was that I put too much Thermal Paste (artic Silver MX2). It a Little bit soft, so it went down one of the sides of de CPU, near the PINS. I didn't want to try anything more. I Returned de CPU, and they tested and it was Okay. I stayed happy with my FX8350 at 4730 MHz. I will try again in few months (if it’s possible with a new one), when cost less price , and in total doesn’t passes the 200 USD amount for me to be possible to bring it (customhouse laws).

Back