• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Ryzen Threadripper Available for Pre-order

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

The day is here to pre-order the second generation Threadripper from AMD at more than 80 e-tailers worldwide. This includes the Threadripper 2990WX which currently holds the world record in Cinebench R15 multi-threaded CPU test for a single socket system.

Click here to view the article.

It's the end of the current design. The process won't help as already we can't see a big difference between 1st and 2nd gen of Ryzen. It's just that the best chips can boost up to that 4.4GHz on single cores. I really count that new Ryzen will be designed to handle higher wattage and its efficiency will be better at higher clock.

Now I wonder how many of these 32 core TR will be sold as 1st gen was pretty much sales fail (still huge marketing success).

Eeep. Not getting one of these any time soon. The UK price is £1600 for the CPU alone == US$2100.

Damn I would love to get that TR 2950X but I have yet been able to push the TR 1920X lol maybe someday. :p

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccfte...intel-core-i9-7980xe-cinebench-benchmark/amp/

I cant imagine its actually posted in public considering the cpu isnt out yet and amd pulled it down off their page.

This comes from the mass Preorder e-mail that AMD sent out

Testing by AMD Performance labs as of 6/26/2018 on the following system. PC manufacturers may vary configurations yielding different results. Results may vary based on driver versions used. Test configuration: AMD ‘Whitehaven’ X399 Socket sTR4 Motherboard + AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper 2990WX + Gigabyte X299 AORUS Gasming9 + Core i9-7980XE. Both systems feature GeForce GTX 1080 (driver 24.21.13.9793), 4x8GB DDR4-3200, Windows 10 x64 Pro (RS3), Samsung 850 Pro SSD. "Power” defined as computational processing power as represented by the cinebench R15 processor benchmark. The Core i9-7980XE achieved an average of 3335.2 points in the benchmark, while the Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX achieved an average of 5099.3, or (5099.3/3335.2=153%) 53% faster than the Intel Core i9-7980XE. RP2-01

Back