• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Sempron 140 Overclocking results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shata

Registered
Hello,

I just wanted to say hi and I was rather interested in results other people are getting. I was wondering if anyone would post their CPU-Z results and some details about their overclock like air or water etc.

Here is mine :D

Sempron 140 3.82ghz @ 1.488V Stock Amd Cooling with AS5 // Idle @43C Load @ 51C (100% stable for windows + games)

CPU-Z
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1991914

Prime95 2hrs blend:
http://i56.tinypic.com/2e16mq0.jpg

Last edited:
Well, we don't claim stability of a system around here until it will pass at least 2 hrs. of the Prime95 blend test, OCCT, or Linpack - one of the "official" stress testers.

Well, we don't claim stability of a system around here until it will pass at least 2 hrs. of the Prime95 blend test, OCCT, or Linpack - one of the "official" stress testers.

Thats not problem Ill Post the pics of 2hrs prime95, I just forgot to mention it. :)

Yeah I have unfortunately with no luck, Even with 1.53 vcore.

I even lapped the cpu and stock amd cooler today.

I don't care if this thing frys honestly cause my 1100T is coming monday but im having so much fun with this thing I almost wish I hadnt ordered that cpu. This thing is such a beast im stability testing it right now actually its going 3.86ghz @ 1.53vcore @46C with about 40min prime95 done so far.

Just amazed by this overclock never seen cpu do such large OC specially on stock cooler.

Pretty impressive! I wasn't able to get nearly that high... but I was using both of the cores. Now I'm back to stock, waiting for a new un-dead mobo to arrive :(

What happened to your Crosshair V? did it just up and die? U have any idea what caused it?

Ya waiting on my H100 to come in on monday and ill probably push it to 4ghz, but from looks of it 3.86ghz is most it will do. Not sure if its stable yet either still prime95'in. I don't think it can do more then 1.524 vcore, I think if I bump it once more it will fry not sure what the avg max is on these.

The max stable configuration for my Sempron is 3.0 GHz. @ 1.35 V. Any suggestions?

The max stable configuration for my Sempron is 3.0 GHz. @ 1.35 V. Any suggestions?

If your just using sempron without 2nd core unlocked. Which mine wouldn't unlock either. Try this...

Reason ur only getting 3ghz is because of 1.35v, this CPU can easily handle 1.5-1.52v. Keep close eye on temps with that much voltage and increasing fsb.
make sure your ram is set to whatever u have like 1060 or whatever.

Set it to 1.45v to be safe then bump it to 3.4ghz....windows then prime95 blend it for 10min if it stays stable go back to BIOS and bump it another 100mhz...back to windows prime95 it again. Always checks temps in BIOS and windows.

Keep doing that when it comes unstable bump voltage a bit and prime it again. Don't go over 1.52v or u can but I wouldn't personally.
Then when u got it where u want prime blend it for 2hrs make sure its good...should it crash after like 30min either lower speed by 25-50mhz or slightly bump voltage if your below 1.52v

Hope helps u little.

These are really fun CPU's. I got mine over 4Ghz with the stock cooler. I always wanted to pick another one up and put it under water....

I should receive my 140 today or tomorrow. I will post my results in the next few days...

Thats awesome, This 140 is most fun to overclock of any processor ive done. Plus if u break it no biggie its only 30$. Insane clocks and tons of voltage and it keeps tickin along. :attn:

Back