• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Sempron 140 Overclocking results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Done. Stable. Stock voltages all around. Note the ram sticks not matching but still being in dual channel mode.

I could get it higher, but I don't want to raise the voltages. Call me cautious, but this board was expensive. I don't want to fry it by overclocking a $40 processor.

Capture.PNG Capture 2.PNG

Capture3.PNG Capture4.PNG

Hey, guys, i bumped my CPU to 3.4 GHz, but had to reduce ram to 660mhz frm 860mhz. I dont like it, so i'm looking for a solution. For the tym being, i reverting to 2.8 GHz. I let u kno about any developments.

Sorry but where can I download prime95? And what's the purpose of it? I'm age 13. I think I want to over-clock my sempron 140 to 3.0 GHz(I haven't do any over-clocking yet). What's the suggestion I needed to over-clock it? And also where can I download CPU-Z ? Thanks.

Prime95 download: http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/

Prime95 is one of our standard tools on OC Forums. It serves two purposes. First, it serves to check what max CPU core and CPU socket temps will be under heavy load. Second, it enables us to check for stability of our overclock settings. It does this by putting the processor under essentially 100% load and the memory under heavy load too. If you run Prime95 for 20 minutes with HWMonitor (another free program) open on the desktop you will get a good idea of the highest your CPU socket and core temps will ever be and also establish tentative stability of your overclock if you pass the test. To confirm stability a longer Prime95 blend test is advised, at least two hours.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Thanks for the reply trents. Any suggestion or advise I should take for my computer?
(Windows XP in M4N68T-V2 Motherboard and 4GB of RAM Sempron 140 2.7GHz non overclocked)

Last edited:
Eric, forum etiquette suggests you start your own thread instead of hijacking the current one. We'd be glad to help you with your own questions on that basis. And while were at downloading software, make sure you get CPU-z in addition to the other two already linked.

Back