• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Sued From Tech In Old & New CPU's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35925

Microunity also sued INTEL for $300 million and claim AMD is using technology from it's Athlon, Sempron, Athlon 64 x2, Turion & all the next lot of CPU's over the next 2 years. Like how long as it took them to realise the Athlon XP line stopped about 2-3 years ago and they have only just noticed there also suing them for other patents. You know if s**t was expensive the government's would tax your a**hole (pardon my french).

They realllyyy need to c hange patent laws.. I mean.. its almost impossible to NOT go onto someone elses work when developing something to do with tech stuff now a days.

AMD needs to just buy the little effers out! I wonder how many patents were filed by Microunity after they subpoenaed records from Intel and found ideas not patented yet?

Patent laws serve a good purpose but I agree at some point lines cross. It is getting ridiculous with large companies now holding 1000s of patents. It makes sense that they need to protect their investments. Individuals don't stand a fighting change with the costs involved unless you know a lawyer willing to do it off the clock.

Back