• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another fx9590 instability related issue!! help! plz :p

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
same old thing.
with each pass of p95, go into bios and lower the vcore 2 taps of the - key till a worker fails, then add back in two taps of the + key to the vcore and save it as a baseline oc profile, it's under the tools tab in bios.
a fail of p95 is a system crash or, most likely showing one or two workers stopped.

stable?
we never talked about the nb, if we don't go into it, don't touch it.

- - - Updated - - -

set the nb back to auto and try the ram settings again please.
1600 and your timings please.

this is my rig, as it started, it now has a water cooled, when the coolant stays in, titan.
look in the upper left of the case, see that strange fan, it's aimed at the heatsinks to the left of and above the cpu socket, it cools the vrm section.
jury rig one into yours to do the same, it pays off.
yes, the picture sucks because my camera sucks and I suck at taking pictures.

PIC_1050.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

do not try to use all of my settings, it just won't work, only change as instructed please.

Lmao. Ik know it's stupid but I have a 200mm airflow fan going spare. Or is smaller better for the vrms? As for the crashes I think I know what happened haha. When I changed the cpu/nb frequency as in the picture. I must of accidentally clicked on ai over clock mode as it was set to do cpu meaning cpu ratio had changed to default again. Crashes would of been the cpu trying to boot 4.7 on 1.35v vcore

- - - Updated - - -

Docp not do cpu lol

and the cpu/nb at 2600 at default voltage.
200mm is not to big if you can fit it in there.
nobody's going to see it but you.

Yes altered the cpu/nb freq back to 2600 in your pic at its default voltage. I never changed the voltage from what you said in the start

- - - Updated - - -

By that I mean I never altered cpu/nb volt as you never said to lol

what asus posted about vrm cooling

Advise for FX-9590/9370 (Centurian) users on C5F-Z/Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

AMD has validated the Crosshair V and Sabertooth 990FX as for use with its new FX 9590 and 9370 CPUs, however there is some advise we'd like to add for users upgrading (or even users running their FX-8350s at ~5GHz frequencies).

1) You MUST plug in the 8pin and 4pin CPU 12V power plugs: they are there for this kind of usage! A 5GHz FX CPU will certainly draw over the 300W limit on the 8pin cable. If your PSU has good OCT it will simply cut out and your system will suffer hard-reboots. If not, it will likely melt poorly constructed PSUs with cheap wiring under extensive stress, unless your PSU is specifically fitted with heavy-gauge (lower AUG rating) wiring.

2) Do not disable OCP if you're running 24/7, it will protect your CPU. If you're trying to run extreme voltage for benchmarking you will have to turn it off, but in that case we strongly recommend watercooling (or at least chilling) the VRMs.

3) As you'd expect, when pulling close to 400W the VRMs run hot. At a minimum active cooling from direct case airflow is therefore a must (and watch those temps). Still, we strongly recommend watercooling the VRMs (EK does a good block) and do NOT loop CPU into VRMs: create two loops. When you consider your loops take into account the heat you're trying to shift: we advise looking at >1 large radiators and/or even a chiller system is maybe worth considering if you're running several high-power items together.

Given the price of CPU and expected total system cost anyway, we don't feel it's unreasonable to match such a premium setup with the right hardware. After all, this is what extreme PCs are all about

Last edited by MarshallR; 07-16-2013 at 06:03 AM.

leave the cpu/nb alone!!!!

Lol well if I was going to liquid cool the vrms I may as well buy a ryzen 1700 and oc. And save money by selling my current parts. But will rig a fan over the vrms. You think the 200mm one I have is best or the 140 or 120 I have spare? I actually have a 230mm one too.

- - - Updated - - -

I have left cpu/nb alone haha!! 😂😂

No worries. Will try that. I read somewhere. Carefully lodging two screws too and bottom of the vrm heatsync and using an elastic band to hold the fane works best? But I do have cable ties if I can findo points to tie ithe and keep it close.

Lol chill Winston 😂😂 it was actually on this forum I saw that trick haha. But yeah I got cable ties. Just hoping my case has points I can attach to. I know my phantom full at does but that case Istudies too much and the core v31 suits my needs better. Oh BTW passed 20 mins of p95 so notched v core voltage down again. Not really seeing any drop in Temps though but I suppose that will onlyons happen once I hit sub 1.3v if possible.

Back