• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another fx9590 instability related issue!! help! plz :p

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Moving from the UK to Germany. BTW I'm just incrementing the vcore by one notch at a time. Would rather take my time and avoid unessessary Temps. Better to find lowest stable it think. But with that 140mmAF over the vrms/socket. Idle Temps were a solid 9c at idle @4.2ghz 2.56v

good, press on with the p95, a single bump is to little, 2 please.
you will find a place that it will take a very big shot of vcore to push further, donna worry bout it, feed the beast.
so you're making your own brexit??????

Idle Temps were a solid 9c at idle @4.2ghz 2.56v
Ignore idle temps, the Fx temp sensors are not accurate until the Cpu is under load and at around 40c. Unless you're Pc is in a room that has 9c ambient temps or you were using sub ambient cooling, it would be impossible for it to be at that temp.

Yeah I thought the solid 9c Temps were odd as it didn't go up and down as usual.
@caddie. It's holding its own now after 1 more bump so a total of around 4 from previous stable. And yes making my own Brexit and praying to God that the idea some EU government guy came up with of UK citizens being able to independently retain their right to remain an EU citizen goes through. This country is a complete dive and it will only get worse when we officially leave.

Oh @Mandrake. Yes caddie is helping alot. I realised after buying the ram that I had made an error in buying 4 sticks not 2. Tbh I'm only stabilising it so that when I come to sell it in 2 or 3 months when I have enough for my ryzen 1700 build that whoever buys it isn't going to try some scam on eBay saying I sold defective gear because they don't know how to get it running. At least then I'm covered and it also helps the next man and me in the interim

Oh @mandrake. Yes caddie is helping alot. I realised after buying the ram that I had made an error in buying 4 sticks not 2. Tbh I'm only stabilising it so that when I come to sell it in 2 or 3 months when I have enough for my ryzen 1700 build that whoever buys it isn't going to try some scam on eBay saying I sold defective gear because they don't know how to get it running. At least then I'm covered and it also helps the next man and me in the interim
You came to the right place, CD has put a lot of time into pushing these FX rigs as well as a number of others here. I am not a fan of these Fx 9590 cpu because of how hard they are to get running correctly out of the box. It leaves a bad taste in the mouths of users that do not have the ability or do not seek help to try and get them working correctly.

The amount of power these chips draw at 4.7 ghz is silly and most do not have the cooling required to do so. I only run my 8350 at 4.7 because I have a full custom loop on my rig. Luckily, you have a motherboard capable of running the chip. I've seen more times then not people come here with under powered motherboards that these Fx 9xxx chips completely overwhelm.

As CD mentioned, cooling the VRM section of the Mobo when running these Fx 8/9 chips in the high 4.'s is essential. As far as ram goes, some of these chips have weaker a Imc then others. My 8350 for instance doesn't have a great Imc and I need to add Cpu Nb voltage to get ram stable above 1600 Mhz and that is with only 8 g (2x4g) on board. With any more ram then 8g on board I have to give it even more Cpu Nb voltage to be able to run stable. This is a bridge you can cross later if you are unable to get the Cpu fully stable.

My guess is we will wind up with the cpu/nb in the 2400's and it's going to take between 1.35 and 1.45.
the broader idea is get all we can out of the cores, back it off 100 Mhz, use that temp over head to bring the cpu/nb up.
but the first step is to get the cores as high as we can with the package not over 62c and the socket temp below 80c peak temps without resorting to a fan on the back of the socket, change stress test then try to get higher, maybe using aida64 or IBT at high at that point.

I really just hate for a guy to spend the bucks on a proper rig then have to struggle just to surf the net with one of these beasts, that's why I have them pull the thing back to 4.0, they feel much better when they see that they can use the rig and eases the massive frustration with these beasts.
make it less beastly and work back up to beastlyness.

Last edited:
I really just hate for a guy to spend the bucks on a proper rig then have to struggle just to surf the net with one of these beasts, that's why I have them pull the thing back to 4.0, they feel much better when they see that they can use the rig and eases the massive frustration with these beasts.
make it less beastly and work back up to beastlyness.
:cheers: to that CD!

Agreed when I first bought all my stuff and threw it together I was running dual crossfire r9 390x and just getting windows10 installed was a Ball ache. Eventually I managed to make a profile that seemed pretty stable but couldn't run stress tests I decided to give up the goose and leave it at that for the last 8 months. Now I'm planning on building a new rig in a couple months I don't want whoever I sell it to. To have the same issuestuff or try claim I've sold defective parts. Besides it's going to benefit me for a few months. Before I bought it I read mixed reviews and put it down to the same old thing with any product. A six of one, half a dozen of the other review comparison. Bad mistake lol. Should of stuck with my 8320e. Although that chip didn't oc well for me.

So been bumping the voltage for a bit now. Not getting errors. Just lockups during the 8k test.

- - - Updated - - -

That's 4.4ghz @1.33 volts. Will bump some more into it now.

please post a screenshot with hw monitor open and cpu-z showing the cpu and memory tabs, while under load, at the end of the test.

i did notice during stressing that 3.3v droops a bit. im pretty sure it shouldnt be going that low but not sure if thats bad or not.

EDIT* in fact i just checked and 3.132 is its highest idle.... should i be concerned with that?

i did notice during stressing that 3.3v droops a bit. im pretty sure it shouldnt be going that low but not sure if thats bad or not.

EDIT* in fact i just checked and 3.132 is its highest idle.... should i be concerned with that?

S0lv3ntFl3X I think you're about as high as you want to go temp wise, I would try and see if you can pass 2 hours of prime blend to confirm stability. As far as the rails on the Psu ignore the software readings, they are usually not accurate. That Corsair unit is a quality Psu so I wouldn't worry about it. If you're concerned then get a multi meter and test the rails. Again I wouldn't sweat it.

Back