• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec True Control 550...Dream PSU!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How does an enermax 550 compare?.. Thats what I am running right now and seems to do a fine job..

Big_KiD said:
How does an enermax 550 compare?.. Thats what I am running right now and seems to do a fine job..

The big draw of this particular PSU is that it has adjustable pots for the 3.3, 5, & 12v rails. No Enermax PSU has this feature. The adjustment allows the user to increase or decrease the amount of voltage on the rail. If you are overclocking your rig you want a little higher than spec on your rails maybe 1/2 to 1% to give your rig stability at high OC speeds. This is what makes this PSU so sweet. Yes, you can modify existing PSU's to do this but....it is beyond the skills of most.:D Can't wait!

The problem lies in the price. I just bought a blue Raidmax 500w for $50, It will replace my old 350w Enhance. All I will need for a few years yet, I hope.

ALL of pcowercooling psu's are made by Fortron (sparkle). pcpowercooling just adds another fan

I not sure if that is completely accurate. Forton makes their lower watt models. The Turbo Cool 400 an above are made by Zippy USA inc.

Can anybody mod a generic PSU so that it has variable resistor to fine-tune 3.3V , 5.0V and 12V lines? I paid Asus tech to mod my PSU without result yet.

Back