• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone reccomend some good ram for me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There are a lot good choices out there, especially when running Intel CPUs and chipsets. You can't go wrong with GSKill. They seem to have the best price to quality ratio right now. 1600 mhz is the sweet spot. Going with higher frequency ram or ultra low latency ram will make a miniscule difference in performance and only cost more. Don't obsess over this, believe me. I've bench tested high frequency ram (2400 mhz) and lowered the timings on RAM and wasted a lot of time for nothing. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231445

Yep, agreed for G.Skill for top notch customer support/warranty support. But honestly I'd say 95% of chips are about the same these days aside from some brands being better for price/performance, so really you could put a bunch of choices up on a wall and throw a dart and you should be fine.

Back