• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7V133 IDE RAID problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shaggyfl

I have a problem with using the promise raid ATA100 on my ASUS a7v133. When I first installed the 30 gig Maxtor 7200 rpm HD I got a score of like 24000 with Sandra. Now when I run the benchmark I get a score of 17000. I not real sure what has changed. I added a new thermalright sk-6 with a very loud delta and an YS Tech 120mm. I had changed a few things in the bios but I changed them back and I’m still only able to get the score of 17000. Would defragging help the score any?

Thanks,
Heath

I've got an A7V133 with the onboard Promise RAID controller in a RAID 0 configuration, I'm using WD 30g ATA 100 7200 drives. Although this combination doesn't seem to do as well as the separate controller card with the IBM drives, it still returns a performance improvement over a single ATA 100 drive, my score is 31049. I found it a bit tricky to set up and from what I've read, the size of the partitions will make a difference in performance. Also I think it would be a good idea to de-frag your drive on a regular basis, it surely can't hurt.

I know this dosen't help much, maybe the resident RAID expert, "SHADOW", will respond with something more useful than I can.

Good Luck!

Back