• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS Announces Z87 Motherboard Lineup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oof, that first board looks like that Ecs golden board, bleh!

The same thoughts. How they could mix golden with yellow ...
I will stick to ROG boards but probably will try ASRock Z87 OCF matx one first.

Looks like Coolaler got a hold of the press decks (which we aren't allowed to release yet).

hersounds said:
Maximus VI Hero

ayznv.jpg

geh6c1.jpg

Maximus VI Gene

hy73kq.jpg

Maximus VI Extreme

uiyqi6.jpg

OC Panel Connections

sjs6gn.jpg

Sabertooth Z87

n2x27y.jpg

pnr6r.jpg

Gryphon Z87 ( mini atx sabertooth like VGene on ROG line )

xyvbq.jpg

Gryphon Armor kit

uepv5r.jpg
Originally posted by hersounds @ XS.

Funny you should say they look like ecs golden boards. .maybe they found it was to costly to change the color scheme's. lol

Is there any word on what pricing might be at yet on the new line up of cpu's, quick Google search didn't turn up any info....

I'm liking the look of the hero. I understand that asrock may have waterproof boards, that would be amazing for ln2 cooling to not have to worry about insulation.

Where does the VI Hero fit with the VI Gene and Extreme? Between them? Quality wise, price wise, feature wise, etc.

The whole VI numbering system is interesting, Never heard of a Maximus V Hero, let alone IV, III, II, I...

Where does the VI Hero fit with the VI Gene and Extreme? Between them? Quality wise, price wise, feature wise, etc.

The whole VI numbering system is interesting, Never heard of a Maximus V Hero, let alone IV, III, II, I...

I believe the hero is taking the place of the maximus formula, but they probably don't want to compete with the Asrock formula name. I reckon the hero will fit somewhere in the middle of the other two. Less features than the extreme, but larger form factor and comparable features to the gene. They don't want to have the extreme VI and the gene VI but then have the hero I.

Agreed. I haven't even had time to start on this board yet. It just got here yesterday, but there are a couple... other...things I have to do first.

Back